French Quarter Classic is cancelled for 2005 | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic is cancelled for 2005

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by cmparrenzo, Oct 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I just received notice the the FFQC is cancelled for December 2005.

The event is moving to March 2006, I am sorry I do not have the date in front of me...

I think this reflects well on John and Franco, they are truly wanting to help NO, but I think understand that the timing in December was difficult for all parties involved.

We will see you in March 2006!

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hopefully those who were tied up in December will have less obligations in March(no x-mas, New Years, etc). Not to mention the fact that much more of the city will be blowing and goin' come March.

Can you say Mardi Gras 06' followed by FQC? :)

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    *putting down the tools*

I am truly sorry to hear this, as I thought the spirit to go forward was admirable, ........and couragous!

But, as the list of past significant participants declining grew longer and longer, with personal issues, car issues, and schedule conflicts, I was fearful of the eventual outcome, and it's supposed to be a BIG PARTY, after all..

"Back 'em up into the barn boys, and go back to branding the cattle!"

*barn door rolling closed*

I never DID find the d@mn battery charger, anyway!

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

John, the big obstacle is going to be hotel rooms. There are none. And that probably isn't going to change for the next several months

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    There is no doubt that this is a problem. Regardless, 26 Krewes want to roll and are already in dealings with the city to do so.

This, the 150th Mardi Gras, will obviously not be to the scale that we are used to, but nevertheless, parades will roll in some capacity. They may not all roll, but even krewes who are missing members are inviting relief workers and locals to take up positions on floats if need be.

Also, keep in mind that Mardi Gras typically brings in a hair over 1,000,000 visitors to the city. We all know that hunderds of thousands stay with friends or relatives, not hotels. Many stay in Baton Rouge and drive down, etc..

So even if we get a tenth of the usual visitors, we have the capacity to house them in the undamaged portions of the city, of which there are many. Then keep in mind Mardi Gras is not for another 18 weeks. The amount of work already being done in the city is phenomenal, 18 weeks from now is easily in reach.

Back on topic though(FQC), plenty of rooms will be available post-Mardi Gras.

6. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob

Who did you receive notice from, Stephanie? I haven't reveived anything telling me about the cancellation. I guess I have to cancel my reservation at the Windsor Court again.

7. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I actually have not recieved anything directly either, John Gourley called me and told me he had recieved an email, John Karr called Franco and confirmed it with him. Other than John Gourley, I do not know of anyone that has recieved an email. It seems they should get that information out as soon as possible.

John Karr told me they are looking at dates in March or April 2006.

It seems things are a bit up in the air, I suggest you contact John or Franco for details.

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No email here yet....they are usually pretty good about that......

Sounds believable though......

We'll all just crash in at JohnFutureOwner's apartment!!!! ;)

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Franco's working on his house?????

10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    It is only a few blocks from the Windsor, but I know your motives...you just want to raid my humidor Alan!

11. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Is Mr. Roland Linder gonna be able to make it?

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I spoke with Stephanie and they are working on getting an announcement out ASAP.

13. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I spoke to Franco today, expect an announcement as soon as tomorrow....

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hi James,

Mr. Linder has scheduled some surgery on both of his shoulders, and so will be "under the weather" for awhile. I think it's two different operations, one at a time....

You might post in the Rocky Mountain section to him or send a Get Well Soon to him at his website!!!!

You'll just have to grab the shotgun seat in the World's Fastest Art Car!

Not an F40LM, I know, but still gets us there!

Gotta go..Wilma is peeling some AWESOME surf swell into Galveston today....should be overhead by nightfall.........SURFS UP!!!!!!!

*door slamming, Speedy filing form for sick leave*

ZOOOOOOOOOM! Ferrari heads south towards the coast......

15. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    march isnt bad, i think i can actually make that. And the weather should still be nice....

16. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    www.ferrarifrenchquarterclassic.com still says December, guess they havent updated yet. March is probably better for me, We still have to put the carpet in and get new furniture and stuff. But Now I gotta wait another 6 months!!!

17. franco valobra

Aug 23, 2004
    Dear Friends,

We boldly attempted to host the French Quarter Classic before the end of this year so that we could support the rebuilding effort in New Orleans. Following our announcement, John and I were amazed at the outpouring of support from our friends, new sponsors, the Ferrari Factory and celebrities who wish to join us in our beloved city.

However, we have been unable to coordinate all of the support by December. Additionally, many of our good friends have expressed regrets with immovable conflicts.

To ensure that the post-Katrina French Quarter Classic has the maximum impact and can marshal all of the pledged support, the event will be postponed until November 2006.

The French Quarter Classic is in part our celebration of the city of New Orleans. As such, our next edition is an important symbolic event for our city. John and I need the time to ensure that it is the best chapter in the event’s history.

For those of you already registered, your reservation is good for the event. As we’ve offered before - if you wish to release your spot for a refund - please contact Stephanie at [email protected] or 504-525-1115.

For those who will see us next year, John and I promise that the sixth edition of the French Quarter Classic will be “faster than a hurricane, and more outrageous than the FEMA disaster response.”

Sincerely,
    Franco Valobra