toyota tacoma? | FerrariChat

toyota tacoma?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by lotustt, Oct 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    My friend is having there Toyota tacoma pickup repaired due to an accident. The body shop says they are waiting on a "banjo". Truck has been in the shop for 7 weeks so its getting out of hand. Who can tell me what this is exactly and if you can show a pic that would be even better. I'm not familiar with this term. Axle banjo perhaps?

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    #2 Miltonian, Oct 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a diagram showing a typical "banjo" setup. Item #3 is a banjo bolt, which is a hollow bolt used to transport fluid (fuel, water, oil, brake fluid) from an inlet/outlet source to a solid body. In this case, #48 is a banjo fitting for a rubber fuel line, and banjo bolt #3 bolts onto the float chamber of a carburetor. I'm not sure what kind of a banjo the pickup needs, but it certainly shouldn't be that hard to locate.

I can almost see Tacoma from my upstairs window. There are about a million of those pickups sitting on the dock down there, I think. Maybe I could go steal a fitting for you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    nice,thanks! Ya thats the thing they said they had the truck all together and took it for a test drive but something felt out of wack and all he was told was that it needs a new banjo. Today he says oh they got it but it was a ten bolt pattern and not an eleven that it needed. So its getting very frustrating for them. The truck has been there long enough, so not sure if its bs by the shop or what.