Fall drive #1 Arboretum Drive w/Pictures | FerrariChat

Fall drive #1 Arboretum Drive w/Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Oct 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey everbody. I have 2 Fall Drives planned for the next few Weeks. This first drive is planned for Sunday October 30th.,2005. We did it last Year and it was really nice. Not Far. Not really long.

We will meet up at "Mack's Golden Pheasant" Restaraunt at the S.W. Corner,(basically) of North Av. and IL.RT.83 in Elmhurst,IL. They Open at 10:00AM,so,try to get there as soon after as you can. They have really Great Food, Their Brunch is $9.95 Per Person. Which includes a very Large array of Breakfast and Brunch Foods. And,sometimes even BBQ Ribs. Omelets made to order. And a Dessert Buffet....well,all I can say is this. If you have seen my size,you KNOW that I KNOW what I am talking about....:) The food is Very much like Eurpean Home Cooking. (Like me old Great Grandma used to make....:) ) So,I'm sure that everyone will like it. Ask anyone who attended last Year. If you don't want Brunch,then just meet up with us at the Arboretum. There is a very Big Parking Lot just inside after you go in.

Then we head over to the Morton Arboretum in Lisle,IL. It is on IL.RT.53,just South of I-88. It's only about a 15 minute Drive from Mack's. Check out their website at: www.mortonarb.org/ For a nice,scenic Fall Color Drive. Lots of Beautiful,Colorful Trees and Shrubs from all over the World. Narrow,Winding Roads meandering through the Beautiful Colors of the Forests and the Meadows. Photo Ops of the Fall Colors. Ponds,Lakes,Your Car,or just of Friends. There is an Admission charge at the Arboretum. But,if there is a small turnout,it will be covered.

Bring a Bottle or Two of you Favorite Wine along. I know that I am...;)

And,if anyone is up to it after the Drive. We can stop by my Friends' Italian Restaraunt on Roosevelt Rd,in Lombard called "Ciao Bella" for some Snacks and a Cocktail or Two...:)

If you want to go,please post so that I can reserve enough tables at Mack's. Both places are very easy to get to from anywhere. If you need Directions,Just ask me and I'll tell you how to get to either place.

This is an open invitation to all FOC,FCA and FChat Members. Does not matter what your affiliation,or what you drive. Just Come!

Thanks! I know that you will enjoy this Drive. We really did last Year!

2. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    Just like for the 2nd drive I will do my best to make it out althoug this particular weekend will be a bit harder to deal with.

3. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So far my calendar is clear so count me in Frank. Last year was fun and we had some really great photo ops. I passed by it going West on 88 this past weekend and there was a mile long backup off 88 to get to it. Maybe do the drive first then food?

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,as long as we get in and out of the Restaraunt we will be fine. We go in from RT.53,from the North. Yes,as we left last year,we saw the lines of cars
    trying to get in. Thats why I picked Sunday,because most of the Older Folks that like to go there usually go to Church and stuff on Sunday,so we will be in there before they are.

5. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

7. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dave and I are in for the 1st. Depending on what day the '67 goes into storage for the winter, we might bring it along as well if no one minds a Detroit powered vehicle (huge grin)!

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,thats is Fine....(BTW....I've owned 7 of those cars....:) )

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K.,since there isn't much interest in doing Brunch first. We will meet up at the Arboretum between 10-10:30AM on Sunday. In the Big Parking Lot just inside after you get in.

The Mortion Arboretum is on IL. RT. 53 in Lisle,IL. Just North off of I-88. Or a mile or so south of IL.RT.56.(Butterfield Rd.).

Or check their site at: www.mortonarb.org/

Afterwards,I know of some nice 2 lane Roads that go right through the Forest Preserves,about a 15 minute ride away from Morton.

10. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    So who do we have for the line up so far?

Frank
    Carla
    Dave
    TwinOne
    Rick
    Ascari

Don't forget daylight savings time......Set your clocks back 1 hour!
    See ya...10am!!!!!!!

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I won't be there, but would like to get some pics for Pilota. A heroic drive like that in this weather deserves being mentioned.
    :)

12. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Will that neon green Toyota that followed us up and down a few hills be there? You all know which car Im talking about... that pilotless car that passed within inches of all of us only to park itself around a tree. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PICTURES!?! I thought you had the phantom car's demise on your video Frank. Or was that Dave?

RocketBoy

PS: For those who don't know, someone's car ran down a hill, passing three of the Ferraris only to find itself kissing a tree at the bottom of a hill. God was a Ferrari fan that day.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The Weather is supposed to be Sunny and High 60's! It will be a nice day for a Drive,for sure!!!

And definitely bring Camera's. LOTS of Beautiful Scenery there,with plenty of Photo Ops.

One Fall,many Years ago,when I had a Black Porsche. (It was the first Car that had my N LUVN IT License Plate on it) I was driving along,going through an area with lots of,um,Bushes...;),when I went around a turn and low and behold. A Tall,Blonde,Leggy Nude Woman wearing Black Patent Leather Lace up Boots that went all the up to about Mid Thigh. (And that was all ) She was with another young Lady who was taking Photos of Her,Eau Naturale. The Nude Girl quickly picked up a long Rain Coat and put it on. Being a former Boy Scout,and some of the things mentioned in the Scout Motto being: "Helpful,Friendly,Curteous,Kind,Cheerful,Brave,etc...." I decided to see if they wanted to take some Pix with my Car,and the License Plate. They said "Thank-You,but thats alright". So,I hopped back in my Car and got a little smackeroo from now Ex-Mrs #2.....And I don't mean a Kiss...:(......:)

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,and seeing that it is going to be a really nice day. It's probably a much better idea that we get in there early to beat the Crowds. Then,we can Park and I'll take you on a small Hike to "Stonehenge"-The Roman Columns. (That is where the Wine can be enjoyed,too...:) Bring some!

15. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yea I forgot about that run away car from last year. What ever did happen to them? Hey Frank I'm up for a breakfast so do you want to meet somehwere first. you got my number so call me on Sat. I might not be back on chat till after the drive.

16. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    Just to make sure, Sunday 10am, Arboretum, big parking lot, and then we go from there.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. here's the Scoop. Meet up at the Morton Arboretum between 10:00-10:30AM,in the Big Parking Lot just inside. Once we get going we will Drive through,and stop periodically to Walk around,take some Pix,Etc...

Then,after we leave,we can take a little 15 Minute Drive down to the Forest Preserves by IL.RT.83 and RT 171, (Archer Av.) For some Nice Driving.

Then,if anyone is up for it,we can go somewhere to eat,socialize and watch Da Bears Game. Sound Good?

18. youngtifosi

youngtifosi Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    Forecast for tomorrow looks decent guys. Shame I can't make it. Have a good time!

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yuri,it was My Pleasure meeting you and your Dad. Great Guys,for Sure!! Make sure you come along on future Drives,(and Bring you Dad,too,if he can. He really looked like he was having a good time,too.)

And,as always nice to see everyone again. We were also joined today with an Impeccable White/Boxer Trim 308. And,a Beautful '67 Corvette.

Nice Pix! Yeah,that Fat Guy in the Last Picture wearing his Jammies looks like he lost his Football and is going to Cry...:( Speaking of which...Bears Won!!!...:)

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Fantastic Photos,Carla! Yes,it certainly was a nice day for a Drive!

21. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Again another great event Frank! You guys keep missing some really great events this past year. More pics will be coming since everyone took loads of them. I clocked in at 97 of them. I did learn one thing today - "Don't try and race Carla, cause she'll blow your doors off. I did then remembered that I was already driving on one ticket. I didn't need another and I know the cops wouldn't have caught her. Can't wait till the next event. Hey carla did you make it home in time to catch the end of the Bears win?

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Does anyone have any Pix ready of the Bride and Her Bridesmaids? I only got 1 shot,and won't get my Pix on here 'til Tomorow.

23. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Sorry I missed out on this one guys. It was a really nice day to be out, but other obligations were a priority.
    Dave