355 Diffusers | FerrariChat

355 Diffusers

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by chucklehead, Oct 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    #1 chucklehead, Oct 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Took the underbody diffusers off my 1995 F355 today. Some damage and cracks seen. Just wondering if anyone has tried to fix them with a fiberglass kit? Got plenty of time to work on them over the winter. Put some pics up.

Or maybe those carbonfiber diffusers from Valence would be a good option. Has anybody installed them on their own car?

Thanks, Charlie
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Well if it were me I would fix them myself and save some money.

3. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    That's where they always tend to break. Ours are double-reinforced with Kevlar along both longitudinal edges. We offer discounts for non-cosmetic grade carbon fiber parts, since we don't have to spend hours clear-coating and polishing. We simply paint them matte-black to match the stock parts. Our diffusers make a nice and reasonably priced upgrade if yours are broken.

Call or e-mail for details.

Chris Coffing
    Valence USA
    [email protected]
    434-977-7951

4. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    Oh, yes, if you do plan on fixing them yourself, use epoxy resin, not polyester ("fiberglass") resin.

5. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I have the Valence diffusers on my car and they are a perfect fit and are finished to the level that you are sad they are in a place where they can't be easliy seen. They are finished to the level of an interior carbon fiber piece.

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    On the diffuser front has anyone tried to modify a 360 diffuser to fit the 355?