No-BS sites for international airfare? | FerrariChat

No-BS sites for international airfare?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SRT Mike, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I need to book some flights overseas - a few to major places but a few to somewhat obscure places in Europe. If I use Expedia or those sites most fares are $1,500+... lots of discount sites advertise $500-600 but when you try to book they all say "sorry your flight is unavailable" and bump the price to $1,100. A couple of these flights I've done lots of times before for $750-850 so I know the deals are out there.

Anyone recommend some good sites that aren't filled with bogus fares? First one is to Tallinn on December 20th, returning Jan 4th. I did it last year for $620 Boston->Reykyavik->Copenhagen->Tallinn but now I'm seeing $1,300+ fares :(

2. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
  3. acehole

acehole Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Axel
    Why Indian Owned Zuji.com ofcourse!

4. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Tried Hotwire (says no availability), Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, cheaptickets.com, airgorilla.com. Travelocity was around $1,300. Orbitz had about 50 fares shown starting at $750 or so, but every time I click them it says "sorry the flight you requested is unavailable" and kept putting me back to the flight summary screen - tried clicking on 30-40 flights and the same response to all. And I tried from home and work on different days so it wasnt a one-time glitch :(

5. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Send me the airport codes and exact dates with time of day and ill look at some flights

Antony

6. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Wow, thanks Antony!

Departing BOS on 12/20/2005 heading to TLL
    Returning from TLL on 1/4/05 going back to BOS

I can also go from TLL->BOS on 1/5/05 so long as I arrive back on the 5th - I am driving from Boston to Detroit on the 6th so I need to be back in time for that :)

Theres a few ways to go, I usually go BOS->REK->CPH->TLL on the way there and the reverse coming back. Other routes go through London/Amsterdam or others but they quote a 23 hour time between flights in Amsterdam (which could be fun, but I digress) :)

Thanks!!!

7. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    searching now....

8. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles