F1 Rigged Ferrari Bribed?What else can explain this season?? | FerrariChat

F1 Rigged Ferrari Bribed?What else can explain this season??

Discussion in 'F1' started by robertgarven, Oct 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Is it just me or does anypne else think that this season looked very strange after the last 5? If anyone has seen the video of JPM running into the camera he is looking at Bernie running into the Ferrari trailer with a large bag (I am assuming full of cash). I think Bernie has aides that carry his hanky, what or why on earth would he be carring a heavy looking bag, when he could have some flunky do it unless..............

After the last couple of years we know that the races can be rigged so why not the entire season? for example Bernie: "Here is 100 million dollars, Ron is a real crybaby can you back off a little just this year....Fourmula One is the 2nd biggest sport on earth, there is allot of money riding on this, I know you will do the right thing wink wink wink.

????

But hey I think the govt is still covering up the alien truth......... :)

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Just a combonation of crappy tires, and the rest catching up this year.
    Ferrari dominated F1 for years, that's a rare acomplishment as it is.
    Let's see what happens in '06 with the new V8's.

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    tyres, the list goes on. Racers do not lose on purpose. Michael Schumaker will not throw the title for a bunch of cash; he already has tons of it.

I'm a Ferrari fan through and through, but I've watched enough F1 through the years to know that the car package wasn't great and obviously not enough to overcome the tyre disadvantage. Other versions were good enough to hide that weakness but not this one.

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What ever the case may be, They did EVERYTHING to not let Ferrari win!

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The change in the diffuser regulations hurt Ferrari. Bridgestone was also hurt by the new regulations. Michelin have the experience in endurance racing, not Bridgestone.

-Chassis could not generate enough heat into tires.
    -Ferrari's sidepods make more drag than cars such as McLaren?
    -2004 aero level was too high to be regained this year where as the others had an easy task to equal the aero performance (weaker than the F2004) of their 2004 cars.

Preparing for Bryne's retirement, Aldo Costa designed much more of this year's car. The F2005 will still be remembered as a Brawn/Byrne car.

The whole package wasn't good enough.

6. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Someone call muldar and scully.

7. RobHulme

RobHulme Karting

Mar 13, 2005
    In addition to the tyre issues, Luca decided that F1 was too easy for Ferrari so he appointed Todt to run the whole of Ferrari thus losing his focus on F1. As always women play a pivotal role F1. Witness Todt also finding his new ex-James Bond girl to further unfocus him and Byrne relaxing on his private Thai island with his Thai girlfriend/wife. Racing success is all about FOCUS and DEDICATION!

8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    agreed...

9. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Although it was a crap season for Ferrari its still funny how they came 3rd in constructors and MS came 3rd for drivers

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    They just stunk plain and simple. No one dominates forever. Two teams caught up and they were lucky Toyota didn't catch them for 3rd and MS is lucky JPM had bad luck in the final two races or he would have been 4th in driver points.

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Put the pipe down and accept the fact that Ferrari ****ed up this season. No conspiracy. No stupid bull****. They just ****ed up. Get over it. They have.

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks to the FIAsco at Indy Ferrari scored the vital points to beat Toyota, otherwise they would have ended up 4th. A similar statement can be made about JPM vs MS.
    Bottom line: In reality the Scuderia was even worse than the final standings make it look like. Time to get off the laurels and a grip on the 06 season.

13. tylerblue

tylerblue Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Tyler Blue
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Schumacher even admitted it. Sports teams all across the board are cyclical. 6 years was an amazing run!

14. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Yea I doubt there are many instances in any sport where any team or club was that dominant for that long, 6 in a row without any real competition, it was amazing. Realistically this season was a wash, had it not been for Indy they would have deffinately been 4th maybe lower. The rule changes for next year should help some, getting back to tire changes should help Bridgstone, as should suplying two other teams to gain test data. 2006 should be another great year for F1, hopefully with Ferrari back competeing for the title.

15. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #15 robertgarven, Oct 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm sure if Ferrari doesn't cut it next year there will be lots of folks complaining about exactly these rule changes: "They just did that to break Ferrari's dominance."

17. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Mr. Robert Garven

You will be visited by the MIR to help "adjust your thought patterns.

We will use 2005 rules toi do so.

Do not be afraid.

Just look into the light.

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

how about ...they just got out raced before and during the season!

more important is how will the terrible season effect sales...it seems easy to sell on monday when winning on sunday. i suspect that sales will continue to be robust and one season will have little effect on sales...but, if the trend is continued and that toyota and honda dominate it may be interesting.

there is always next year right?

19. Dr JonboyG

Dr JonboyG Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gitlin
    So if being paid off is your excuse for Ferrari being rubbish this year, what's your excuse for the 1980s and 1990s? :D

20. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    On behalf of Imperial, I say that there must have been some sort of conspiracy for Ferrari not to sweep the table once again. There is absolutely no other way of explaining this "sham" of a season.

21. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    If Ferrari does well next year, people on this forum will venomously defend them and any insinuation that the rules were changed to help them will be met with a flurry of personal attacks.

If Ferrari does badly next year, people on this forum will venemously attack the FIA and the other teams for changing the rules to keep Ferrari down.

Whatever happens, it will be rationalized either as the FIA made them lose and it was a conspiracy, or that their greatness was completely of their own doing and the rules had nothing to do with it.

Hey someone must have stolen my rose colored glasses!

22. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    How do you "pay off" a company with pretty much limitless resources? What do you pay them with? They just stunk, that's pretty much it.

23. ninot

ninot Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    Sunny Staffordshire
    Full Name:
    Nino
    You obviously dont read Italian newspapers, this was all over the papers during august as it had been released that thecar designer had been approached and told what to do, the article goes on to say that next year they will be back to competitive form.
    It has really surprised me that other press didnt pick up on this and cause uproar but we dont know half of what goes on behind the scenes - in other words it all stinks!

did you see the empty race track at monza...

24. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Still sounds like BS to me. For them to be competitive and give it away in the last few races i might buy, but to stink up the place all year long? No way, sounds unlikely to me. And no i don't read italian newspapers. The are enough newspapers that are full of shyte in english to spend my time reading....

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Quite true, they blew it period, who cares it was refreshing seeing some real competition.