Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics | FerrariChat

Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Evan.Fiorentino, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Well for the past ew days every day at tech i see a kid who absolutley hates Ferraris and is obsessed with "600 Horse power civics" hehe. So almost every day we get in an argument bout the two cars me coming out on top with the Ferrari point of view lol. Whats your oppinon on the two sure the civic is cheap but at the end of the night when u get asked what kind of car u own which would u rather have Ferrari or civic lol. I just thought i would post since its a pretty random topic lol

2. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I could care less how much horses a civic has, it's still a damned honda and a slow one at that. I'd take a Ferrari with 200 less horses and be happy. Screw hondas and the fools that drive them. I have loaded of fun mopping up the floor with then in my 13 year old stang. Most of them won't even challenge me at a light.

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I used to have these arguments when i was 13.
    But i was more like Lambo vs. Ferrari.

Dont try and convince people that Ferrari are better! Why?
    Cause that puts more people onto the brand. Therefore making your 450K (aud) F430 look more mainstream. Put people OFF ferrari's. THAT is what you need to be doing.

Promote Lambo and Honda. Steer clear of Ferrari. That way, when you turn up to a club in your 430. Pu55y will be on tap. And that is what you buy a Fcar for right?

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've never understood the import scene. None of their cars impress me and they all have pieces glued on and bought from Wal-Mart or Pep Boys. Not to mention they have the worst sound in the world. They use to bother me, but now I hardly notice them.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

You'll have to buy me dinner first, Sweetie.

6. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    #6 Dcup, Oct 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    have you ever seen a honda mechanic ????? when you own a ferrari the mechanics, well, look like this------ makes me go back for that scheduled maintenance on time !!!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Would it be fair to say that Honda are far more technically advanced than Ferrari?

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    apparently if you own a Bimmer too...

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Maybe you should point out that the 600 HP Ferraris "turn".

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hey is that a straight 6?

11. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    i currently have these arguments with my friend. but they are more like "electronic driving aid ferraris vs. balls-to-the-wall-driver-only ferraris"

personally i just like fast things, so i picke electronic. but he is hell bent on the F40 as the end all be all car of the world ;)

civics, arent those the kazoo sounding excuse-of-a-car? or do i have it all muddled up?

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    You're kidding right? A... Civic? This conversation actually took place?

Take a deep breath, sit him down and lay the hard truth into him. Say something like this; 'You know its sad every single Si driver (they all initiate, I never want to race a civic but I’ll happily give them a lesson) I've slapped silly with my Ferrari. All I get is a middle finger or the "small engine/smaller budget whine" or "just cause your faster doesn’t mean anything (even though I’m all about going fast)". I'm sure half of you don't care about this, but you guys are all buttheads anyway, so listen up.
    Before I got serious modifications, I raced a Viper GTS(or whatever you raced), I got beat, not astonishingly, but I got soundly beat, and we gave each other a thumbs up, and in my head I gave some respect to the king of acceleration {(in stock form anyway) of any car that you don’t need a huge waiting list to get}. I didn't go on the message board and go "oh no my engine is smaller and my car cost a third of his and I can’t afford that insurance and I’m not spoiled or filthy rich, and it doesn’t matter I could beat anyone else", no I just realized his car was better at performance. Me and my Ferrari friends all act the same when beaten. I think my Ferrari is a great car, but it's no Enzo.
    But SI people and their crappy cars with prices in the teens think they have the ultimate performance vehicles. You try to tell them that a car has better performance, and they’ll through all this stuff about a smaller engine, how they cant afford insurance. Yet somehow they can eat out all the time, buy lavish gifts for their girlfriends, and that their car is lighter and with only a "few thousand dollars" in mods they could wreck a Ferrari.
    This thought doesn’t occur to me when I lose to a Lambo or a Porche turbo. I don’t yell at 911 Turbo owners, "well I have a family and kids to go to college and I just had bad luck in the corporate ladder so your actually lower than me". Its stupid and childish. Only white trash Si owners spew crap like this to Mustang and Fbody owners etc.
    "I’m not spoiled" give me a break, stop eating such expensive food and wasting your money on worthless crap like tint and tin can exhaust pipes and you could get enough money for a real car anytime. And don’t blame us for being successful, its not our faults your idiots and can’t land a good job.
    I’m sure someone will lay the "styling" piece on me. Where "civics styling is so awesome a Ferrari is somehow butt ugly!" Well fine, then either throw in ALOT of mods to your civic, or drive a civic when your "styling" and v8 when your "racing". Don’t run 15-16 second time slips against my 11 seconds and think your fast!
    What do I want out of you guys? Either don't pick fights with real sports cars, or when you do, respect us when you lose. If you somehow do beat us, than we’ll give our hats off to you, for you’re in the elite 1% of your cars who actually know something about performance mods.
    But to the others, who are sitting here scratching their heads going "wait a sec! we have real sports cars!" THIS IS A WAKEUP CALL, you drive HONDAS, they make cheap cars, they have a luxury branch and civics sure as hell aren’t in it. Matter of fact, in the Honda list of cheap cars, the Civic is the CHEAPEST OF THEM ALL. THE ONLY CARS CHEAPER THAN YOURS ARE SOUTH KOREAN CARS THAT FALL APART IN 2 DAYS. Everyone and their mother drives a Civic. Including the Civic Si's, your not fast, special or even respectable. No matter how much tint, affix fake nitrious stickers, tin can exhaust tips, ridiculous spoilers, cheesy rims, lowering kits you add onto your car, its still a cheap passenger car for old people.
    Now go home and put some stickers on your car to gain some more horsepower.'

And if somehow he still doesn't get it after that, then you have to write 'em off as a lost cause.

13. Der Meister

Der Meister Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2005
    Glendora/Prescott
    Full Name:
    Alan
    if your a ture friend then. "Freinds dont let friends drive civics".... hahaha

14. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    Sounds like you need better taste in freinds :) lol

15. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    to be honest, the bare fact that you even held an argument on this topic is pure idiocy. the comparisons arent really valid, but the obviousness of the answer is: whos prettier: john kerry or jessica alba?

also, why end every single sentence in "lol" except for the first one, which ended in "hehe"?

16. 99355F1

99355F1 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    CG
    600hp + FWD Civic? WTF is this kid on????

17. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

My buddy has a 780hp civic hatch back. I have to admit, it was fun (for about 10 minutes) It makes cool noises :)

18. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I'm not feeling the love here.

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Just dinner? wow, you're neat.............

20. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    It is possible, but it cost serious dough plus the car becomes pretty much undriveable on the street. Some of these import guys think that what they have is king and have no regard for anything else. It didn't used to be like that. I had a 89 Mustang Gt heavily modded. It ran a 12.80 at the track with a slipping clutch so it was pretty quick. Once i was in brooklyn and a cobra pulls up next to me. Not only did i mess with him, i gave him a thumbs up and watched him go following in admiration and respect. Same with a few F=cars i'd seen around and at the time i could have beaten some of them but frankly i didn't want to. Even if i had won, i wouldn't have proven that my car was better.

21. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    why i think so, but did you notice those shoes ??

22. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Having driven both cars, I have to ask,
    what's the point to the question?

23. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    AMEN to that brother.

24. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Bret
    One thing I do wonder is how the import scene gets such hot girls. Lamour, any ideas? Turn on NOPI Tunervision on Sunday afternoon and it's like wtf, almost every hot, quasi-stripper in the tri-state area is at a drag strip surrounded by rice. I'm not saying they're smart, and you probably wouldn't want to make them your wife, but...

How come we never have fun like this at a concours?

25. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    bret, it baffles me too !!!!! maybe these hot chciks are intimidated by exotic cars. its kinda like going to a club ans seeing a super hot babe, but you never see them with a guy, because guys are intimidated by their hot bods and looks and we take it for granted they have a boyfriend ??? maybe ??? the same with our cars ???