Mondial Wheel Swap - Help! Only have 1 day | FerrariChat

Mondial Wheel Swap - Help! Only have 1 day

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ZR1Owner, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZR1Owner

ZR1Owner Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Wheaton, IL
    Full Name:
    Greg Higgins
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERRARI-348-TS-17-WHEELS-TIRES_W0QQitemZ4584851505QQcategoryZ34209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone tell me if these wheels will fit a 1982 Mondial 8? I have the original wheels on it now, and am sick of the metrics. Plus, this will fill up the wheel well better.

The auction closes tomorrow evening (10-26), so please email me or post what you can to help. The price seems extremely low, since it includes tires, but things are only worth what people will be willing to pay, and if you can't get rid of them.....oh well.

Thanks all.
    G

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #2 snj5, Oct 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Of the 3pics on the ebay add only 1 is of 348 wheels.....and did they make a ts in 1994?

4. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    uhggg, chrome 348 wheels.............dont waste your money......

5. ZR1Owner

ZR1Owner Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Wheaton, IL
    Full Name:
    Greg Higgins
    Yeah..I know...chrome. But I bought a beat up Mondial cheap. The wheels and tires have had it. If I can get these whels and new tires for the cost of tires alone, it would be worth it as a make-do for a couple of years while I attend to other mechanical issues.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I think the chrome 348 wheels will look fine on your Mondial... not TOO much bling! Go for it.

7. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    it should have worked fine...but i had all kinds of steering and handling control problems ( the front tires of a T are smaller than the rear) and I went back to stock..16" works fine...for this money and if you really wanted to do it, do it and go 18" with spacers and really be done withit it will add vaue to the car when you are all done...buyers of entry level ferraris like mondial 8's like the modern tall rims. (my two cents ..but I fine life is alot easier and less complex staying all stock...every time I tried an aftermarke "improvement" I wound up with problems elswhere with the car.

8. NC Mondial

NC Mondial Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Paul Stahl
    I had no problems putting them on my 1982 Mondial. Just be SURE to get the lug bolts with the new wheels. You will need the longer ones.

Paul

9. ZR1Owner

ZR1Owner Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Wheaton, IL
    Full Name:
    Greg Higgins
    Ok.....I will make sure I get the lug bolts. Thanks

I won . I REALLY hope they fit. If so, and they are as advertised, not bad for 4 new pirellis and four wheels. Now I can spend more money on the broken sunroof, bad window motors and crappy interior! Ughh What have I gotten myself into. Should I start the Dominos delivery job now for the costly repairs?