Help Stolen 355 challenge | FerrariChat

Help Stolen 355 challenge

Discussion in 'New England' started by 1cerberus4u, Oct 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Hey everyone:

My 355 challenge car was stolen last night in Plastow NH. It is the tommy Hilfinger colored number 6 car. Please let everyone know and keep an eye out for it

thanks

andy

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    WOW ! That sucks Andy. What were the circumstances? ? Does it look like a pro job where they knew what they were looking for ? Or do you think it might have stolen by joy riders ? Not being street legal it appears it may be someone who knew what they were after.

3. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    No it jsut happened in the pat few hours, and the car is street legal, so you may see it on the road

4. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Wow Andy im sorry to hear about this :( If you need any pictures to show to the police or anyone else let me know because i have plenty of it.

-Jason

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  6. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Andy,

This really sucks! After getting Dennis' email, I have made number of calls to local F-friends who are not on this site.

I know I speak for everyone when I say we all wish you the best of luck in recovering the car - and the jerk who stole it.

7. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Andy,

So sorry to hear the news. Best of luck in recovering your car and bringing the person or persons responsible to justice.

Alex

8. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    sorry to hear! i posted on some local forums incase its spotted

9. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    thanks everyone. the car was taken without the key, which means it was rolled into a trailer,

andy

10. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    now it sounds like it was started and taken around 2:00am

andy

11. musicman102357

musicman102357 Karting

Apr 16, 2005
    Where did you store your car so that someone could steal it ?

12. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I just got a call from one of my buddies who just saw a flatbed truck with what he thinks is this 355 somewhere in Salisbury MA. I instructed my friend to call 911 with whatever info he can provide.

I have just left a call on Andy's phone and hope to find out that either the car has since been recovered or that we are now on the trail of recovering it.

Hey guys - keep your fingers crossed! I know Andy must be freaking out right now!

13. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    That's terrible.

Between the paint job and the awesome sound, I can't imagine it could stay undiscovered for very long. Not the smartest crooks!

I really enjoyed seeing it last year. Good Luck with the recovery.

14. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
  15. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    that had to be put up just now because Andy applied the 6 and fedex stickers just this summer.

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Someone know him to contact him so he can call the police?

17. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Wow that is unreal! It would probably be best to act as an interested party in the Ferrari then contact the police once you have contact information.

18. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I dug up some info relating to that website that you'll probably want to take a look at. It's over in this thread in the SoCal forum. I'll just link to it rather than reposting all the text:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80550

Good luck to the owner - I hope things work out and you get it back unharmed. :)

>8^)
    ER

19. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    THANKS to all for the great detective work, but, alas, this site is OLD. These are pictures taken from before my friend Andy bought the car. That "for sale" website is just sorely, sorely out of date. (And, yes, Andy did apply "6" and "FedEx" stickers this summer, but that was to replace the old stickers, which were fading/peeling.)

Someone would have to be really ballsy to post a for sale ad with the car a day after they stole it (still, it's certainly conceivable, as sad a reflection on our society as it is).

Your efforts are much appreciated!

vty,

--Dennis

20. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Wow! I hope you get the car back quick! I'm sure this company is a consignment agency just willing to sell the car for the "owner". I have heard of them before and it sounds like they've been around for a while. They probably aren't aware that this is a stolen vehicle and will cooperate with the police.

When Dane had his 308 stolen this summer it was a couple of days before it was found with the thief trying to sell it to a used car dealer. This one was put up for sale the next day?!!?

Some thieves are really idiots stealing and trying to sell exotic and instantly-recognizable one-of-a-kind cars. They should stick to the Honda Civics.

Edit - Big Head was writing his reply as I was writing mine. Hope the car is found soon. We'll all keep a look out for it.

21. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Curious, does anyone know how many Hilfiger 355 cars were made ?

22. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
  23. 96GTS

96GTS Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2004
    What's even more weird is that, I went on google and searched "Ferrari F355 Challenge Tommy Hilfiger" and I came across another site with the same pic and everything!

Of course not being so skeptical but figuring the outcomes of "1" 335 showing up twice on two diffrent sites (also being three made) what kind of chances would it be that both are diffrent? Andy's is the only Hilfiger edt. with a six on it right?
    http://www.lnsmotorcars.com/past_autos.html