steve f's ban and your choices... | FerrariChat

steve f's ban and your choices...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by rob lay, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes steve f was banned for 2 months. It can of course be shortened to a couple days, left the same, or extended. If anything, this is a test of steve and users in the UK section. I'm looking to clean house.

You mention sponsors, but it is actually our largest sponsor that is located in the UK which has requested the UK forum be cleaned up. They are disgusted by the behavior here and I agree. I'm not saying the rest of the forums don't have problems, but we have given you free reign long enough. Other forums like P&R have been dealt with too, I'm not just picking on the UK forum.

Of course steve f's ban has nothing to do with just that one post. It has to do with an overall bad attitude and behavior from day to day diseasing the UK section.

I do not want to place all the blame on steve f, actually it is a group of users. I don't think everyone is a bad user, but things have gotten a little wild and the disrespect has to stop. Most users here are fine and I don't have a problem with, some users have a few issues and you can easily correct your behavior as you now know it isn't acceptable anymore, and then there are a very few users that are just bad apples all together.

Leave FerrariChat.com, I don't care because I only want people that want to be here. Our largest sponsor only wants to be here if things are cleaned up. I'm doing this for the good of FerrariChat.com and if that means less users in the UK forum, then that is OK. What will remain is a more positive environment for true Ferrari enthusiasts to share their passion. I think many users will much prefer the new FerrariChat.com UK.

Rules are simple…

1) This cleanup process or anything related to the steve f ban can only be discussed in this thread. Users will receive a progression of bans starting at 1 week if not following this rule.

2) I don't mind if you show your support for steve f, that is quite admirable. I'm sure he will appreciate it. You may request a two month ban yourself in this thread or by PM. If you are subscribed, I will add that length of time to the end of your subscription.

3) You also have the choice to be permanently removed from FerrariChat.com. This is a permanent delete from the database and can never be recovered. This isn't mandatory, but only a option you can decide on and thus no subscriptions will be refunded. You can also notify me if you want this here in this thread or by PM.

Here is to a better FerrariChat.com for the true enthusiasts and gentlemen.

Thanks,
    rob

2. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Rob would you mind telling us who the largest sponsor is please.

And please confirm that you closed the 'back up stevef' thread so that comments could be posted here instaed.

3. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    tut tut tut.....

there appears to only be one person with an behavoural problem who just does not get the brit sense of humour. Do I need to post a poll to guess who this is??

Who is the british sponsor Rob, it would be interesting to find out their opinion of banning people who make Fchat UK the original, funny and interesting place it is compared to some other forums.

I have not seen any rule breaking on the massive scale suggested on here recently, can you cite examples please???

4. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Rob I just started a thread about freedom of speech and it mysteriously dissapeared, so I take it there is none then?.

5. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

Can we have a list of the group of users who you veiw as "undesirables"?????

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Sorry, a 2 month ban for a throw away comment is way too harsh. Making Steve an example is also grossly unfair. Like it or not, the subscribers here are the reason your sponsors are here too. Pls lift the ban ASAP.

7. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I am appalled at this. What is the point of having moderators for sections if they are going to be overridden without consultation?

People like Steve add a bit of fun to the place and yes he can sometimes go over the top but is a genuine Ferrari enthusiast and owner, often going to meets, and often travelling significant distances to do it, including Scotland.

Do I get a ban now for stating an opinion or is that still allowed?

8. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What... the.... f**k....

9. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Totally agree Tone and I would think 99% of UK fchatters would too!!

Come on UK show some solidarity stand up for your mate!!!

10. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    They certainly do - Tony do you have any mod powers - or can you set up a quick poll so that Rob understands exactly where we are coming from ?

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    No m8 ,sorry .

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Tubi

Yes, any future steve f ban threads have to go here. Should all be in one place. Thanks.

13. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #13 hedge, Oct 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    100% agreed. This is beyond OTT.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Where are Gray and Stig when you need them, they mysteriously dissapear too???

15. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm sure someone set up a poll... but it was locked... unsurprisingly... ffs

16. Aztec

Aztec Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2004
    Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Lets get some sensibility back guys, this has got out of hand, or am i missing something?

17. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    yes you are........steve f

18. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    And this has nothing to do with stevef's attitude towards this particular product - serious question. Never bought a Tubi and I don't know anything about the actual people rather than the business.

OK thanks at least for clarifying that.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree. I made it 2 months as a max. Could only be a couple days if steve and I talk offline to work things out. I just don't like starting a ban small when I don't know how offline discussions will go.

Please don't relate this entire cleanup process to just steve f. I've just been looking for a reason to get this started and this was it.

There should be a positive attitude to improve things. Like I said, steve won't be gone long if he chooses.

20. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Spoken like a true dictator. My friend this is not the way to do it.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Come on, everyone talked tough. Where are the voluntary bans and deletes? I can't clean house if everyone stays. :)

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Come on, you be the first to delete from FerrariChat. You can do it, just say the words.

23. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    rob, wouldn't it be more diplomatic and friendly to take the so called offenders to one side and have a quiet word with them rather than this way?

24. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    But why choose someone like steve in the first place - you have to have known that this would not be received well, least of all by steve himself.

It smacks once again of your heavy handed attitude in the UK forum and I think you might have realised we are all getting a little bit sick and tired of being treated as kids who you think are here at your beck and call.

25. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    What does Steve need to do to get back in here? Most members seem happy with UK Fchat as things stand. What do you propose to change and how?
    Thanks.