BMW "Wheels of the Bus" Ad. | FerrariChat

BMW "Wheels of the Bus" Ad.

Discussion in 'Other German' started by UroTrash, Oct 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Have you seen the new BMW ad where an actual grown-up is driving an automatic Bangle-ized 5 series singing "Wheels of the Bus"?

I'm, deep, deep, deep down a BMW guy. I had a BMW 2002 20 years ago. OK, 30 years ago. It was the right thing.

Now, thy have this poofter driving an automatic Bangle-mobile, and the phone rings asking if he would like his oil changed since he is such a p*ssy he can't keep up with this, let alone change his own oil. The little effeminate POS.

It's like BMW can't just ignore real car guys, no, the have to totally alienate them with this stuff.

Doctor's wives. Secretaries. Automatics. 90% F**king automatics. Now this little c*nt.

BMW, why hast thou forsaken me?

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    They reserved the M5 just for you Dale. SERIOUS cahones on that car. Too bad the styling is so silly compared to the older ones.

3. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    My dad worked at a gas station when he was in high school (about 20 - 25 years ago) that the whole gas station just dreaded when the BMW would come in to the station. The person was always an ass hat. Mercedes Benz...no problem, easy going. I like BMWs, but not this Automatic 3 series crap. I like M5's and the 8 series.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Come to the Ferrari side...

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It seems that once sporty car mfrs (Porsche, BMW) move more mainstream, they inevitably soften and gain middle-age flab. All you can hope is that they keep a real sports cars in the line-up to sustain their hardcore addicts. Mfrs that haven't entered the mainstream, don't soften up (Lambo, Lotus). Ferrari seems to be ambivalent.

6. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I for one, felt that commercial was totally hilarious. :D

As for the reminder service - sadly in today's world too many people need it.

I'll agree that its a shame BMW seems to be losing focus somewhat from an enthusiasts perspective. You didn't even touch on the weight problem their cars have now.

One counter point to ponder - is it really their customers that are losing focus and the company is just shifting to remain competitive/profitable? Hmmm...

>8^)
    ER

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Taking stuff out of the car isn't profitable for the OEM, they want you to buy all of the extras. That's how they pump profit...

8. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Funny, ask Ferrari about that. They'd take all the nice stuff out of your 360's interior, give your car a new exhaust, and sell it to ya for $40k more! ;)

9. 99355F1

99355F1 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    CG
    What a pedo.

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Adding features costs $100/lb, taking out features costs $200/lb. They get you coming or going.

11. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    At least you guys in the States and Europe especially have the option of a manual for the 3/M3 and 5er,i.e 530i/545i....In Malaysia ALL BMWs are Automatics or SMG, whether it's locally assembled or fully imported. When I inquired from the MD of BMW Malaysia why it is so, he said it's because I'm the third person out of thousands who asked for a manual gearbox !! The other reason being that BMWs are on the same level as MBZs price wise and very expensive new in Asia, eg: The new 330i would be USD100k!!, therefore most are afforded by Captains of Industries or rich people and most Asian rich don't wanna drive manuals...sad!

Even Ferraris too. Since the advent of F1, no stickshift model of the Fcar unless that particular model comes only in 6speed guise. If I were to upgrade to a 360, I can only hope for an F1 model...Ordering an F430 6speed can be done, albeit with a USD25k premium on top of the USD400k price. They've to source the car from the UK where there are still demands for a 6speed and in RHD.

Just my $0.02

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Mine would kick your butt Deano if she read that.
    M3/4 stick, and a 750iL with springs and a 3.15 Quaife, both dearly missed. Hates bunghole cars, alienated by service.
    Nice taste on the '02. 3.0CS, bunch of 6'ers, and M3's, E39 M5, Z8 here. Gone, like Johnny Carson, Rodney, and Steve Allen. Never again. :(

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Here here!

14. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Hey whatever happenend to your 3.15Q? I would LOVE to have one of those in my 7 as opposed to the 2.82.

15. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Heh - our BMWUSA.com webmaster constantly gets email comments about how inhumane the commercial w/ the Weimaraner wearing a helmet is or how the commericial where the kids throwing snowballs at a 325xi is promoting bad behavior.

Nothing on the wheels of the bus commercial yet.

///Michael.

16. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Tell us how you really feel Uro. :)