355 - anyone have high miles? | FerrariChat

355 - anyone have high miles?

Discussion in '348/355' started by jvecchi, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Tifosi

My '98 355 recently turned over 30k miles. Are there any high mileage 355 owners out there? If so, how many miles should I expect to be able to put on the car before it gets really expensive to maintain?

I have, and of course expect, to do all the usual maintenance - oil changes, 15k services, etc. What I'm concerned about is valve jobs, engine overhauls, tranny rebuilds, etc. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Randy308 has 77k miles on his 95 F355 , try consulting with him.

3. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Kevin

I tried to PM randy308 but it bounced.

Randy308, if you're out there, please drop me a line!

4. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    Hello:

I have 49K+ miles on my 95 F355 Spider (On the 2nd 30K service the valve guides needed replacement).

5. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I've seen one with 88k on it. I seen a 360 with 70k on it. Both with normal maintainance. I've driven both. You would not have a problem putting 200k on either one and still run great.

6. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    I drove it daily for a while then aquired a couple other cars.Currently w/ 54,000 miles on it is due for its 1st clutch (Yes 1st ). I do not use auto mode ever exept to demo.I roll till clutch engages at about 2mph then its time to drop the hammer near redline shifts are a blast and the tranny is bullet proof.

I WILL NOT EVER BABY MY CAR.THESE CARS ARE MADE TO BE DRIVEN HARD AND AT HIGH SPEED PERIOD!!

Typical of the 355 headers burned up and were replaced w/ TUBI as well as TUBI exhaust while I was at it,a set of bypass pipes and Im a happy camper.
    The exhaust note is AWESOME and SCARY if I blast by you unexpected"sorry".

I have no mechanical failures and as long as the car doesn't sit drying out and rotting the car is extremely dependable.Religiously the car is exercised EVERY week.Now when I look at most low mile 355's they are in need of 10-15 k worth of work thru neglect and sitting .I LOVE MY355!!

I took some time to figure costs / year over 4-5 year period.These are average numbers and there will be no need for any arguing or rebuttal responses as I dont have the time to respond to meaningless debates.

Included are all services (major and minors),miscellanious minor needs (bulbs out,or switches if they fail) tires ,brakes,fluid changes ect basically all the stuff.

I came up w/ $7,200.00/15,000 miles .

Assuming 7500 miles / year thats $3,600.00 / year .

For you conservatives cut it in half again for $1800.00/year assuming 3750 exercising miles.

Thats my input hope this helps.

FOCUSED DRIVEN AND PERSISTENT
    NEVER CEASING,NEVER ENDING!!!

MY355