steve f's ban and your choices... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

steve f's ban and your choices...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by rob lay, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well,you have done the wrong thing here.Just hold your hands up and say that you know you overeacted,apologise and then we can all move on.Do this and you will be much better thought of.

2. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Why don't you name all users with a bad attitude, plus give examples of posts that show such bad attitude. If you are accusing people, then tell it to their face instead of all this crap!

As far as I know, apart from the odd troll, no one has come into the UK section and called us all *******s apart from you. You have managed to alienate more people than all the trolls put together!

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Come on, y'all can do better than this. One lone Texas yank is taking on the entire UK forum and you can't do any better?

Only thing y'all are getting across is I don't run the Ferrari UK section and you are a bunch of lawless troublemakers. That's at least how you come across with your hoodlum mentality. Get use to it, I'm not going anywhere. When sponsors and users complain, I have to do my due diligence.

There are simply two things to discuss here and I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it…

1. steve was banned for 2 months, but his ban and everyone else that was banned can be reactivated today if steve and I work out our personal differences. There was nothing unfair about me wanting to talk offline for steve and I to work out our differences.
    2. analyze any problems in the UK forum and if any actions need to be taken. Proof that there are problems are a few responses to this entire situation. Some users don't have the maturity to offer feedback and ask me questions without going on full public attack. Those are the *******s, not everyone.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    There are many reasons, one of them is the talk Manu and I had a couple months ago. I've received dozens of other complaints though.

Steve's ban had nothing to do with the UK or any sponsor.

5. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    "You mention sponsors, but it is actually our largest sponsor that is located in the UK which has requested the UK forum be cleaned up. They are disgusted by the behavior here and I agree. I'm not saying the rest of the forums don't have problems, but we have given you free reign long enough. Other forums like P&R have been dealt with too, I'm not just picking on the UK forum."

Rob, we as you know are one of the "elder sponsors" of Fchat and as you are aware we are always here to help / assist everyone that asks for help be it technical support or supplying spare parts.

Steve, is a good guy and is renown for his "one-liners" which some times cut a bit close to the mark, but no malice is ever intended and generally his remarks are met with the good humour that they were intended to put accross.

I am surprised that Tubi (UK) are "disgusted" about the UK forum, I know the guys there and would be surprised that they would react in this way.

Certainly Steve's post's would not deter us from continuing our sponsorship with Fchat and find it sad that this situation cannot be resolved sensibly between youself and Steve - I know pride takes it's place, but I feel that everyone has over-reacted to this situation and the only loosers are the members of Fchat.

For the benifit of Fchat UK why can' this disagreement be sorted in a gentlemen-like fashion

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You all know yourself if you have a bad attitude. I've told everyone with a bad attitude to contact me offline so we can work through it. Otherwise I want you to leave FerrariChat.com.

7. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    For what it's worth, I support Rob. Stevef was way out of line on more than one occasion and should apologise.

This is after all just a car forum.

8. yorkshirelad

yorkshirelad Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2005
    bradford
    Full Name:
    ian
    calling your customers ******s is very 'customer' friendly, I've just paid to join f-chat and i'm appalled at this attitude!.....
    I won't lower myself to insult the american or their sence of humour though. best leave mud slinging to the children. s

ee you tonite Steve

9. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Sir,
    you have yet to justify Steve's ban, nor lockyer,rmdferrari,inkyboy360 or F308MAN.
    It's extremely difficult for anyone to judge if you actions were justified if you have removed the evidence!
    How are we to support your decisions, if we can't see what they were based upon?
    If Steve's was in retaliation for his Alamo comment, then I respectfully ask you to look back at the last time he made a similar comment, which you appeared to take in the spirit in which it was intended, i.e. as light-hearted banter!Why the change of attitude?

There are a lot of very good people in the UK section but you appear to be alienating a significant number of users!
    Why are you adopting this adversarial posture? It sounds like you want to provoke an over-reaction?

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Tubi is not "disgusted". That is my wording, not theirs and I apologize. It is a fact that Manu and I talked about the UK section a couple months ago and he identified general problems. If I was acting completely on Tubi's feedback, this would have come up 2 months ago. All I did then was give the mods a heads up.

11. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    You 'took them on' by banning anyone who wouldn't debate this on your terms.

Which sponsors have complained? Manu seems pretty sure it wasn't him. This is what he posted on another forum:
    He is worried about losing business because of this. Please clarify that the recent bannings are completely motivated by the fact that you don't understand the English or find us funny and it is nothing to do with complaints from sponsors.

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I think respect is a 2 way thing and has to be earned . Steve won't apologise as he feels he's done nothing wrong. You won't apologise for the same reason. Result = stalemate and a growing resentment from the majority of subscribed CUSTOMERS of yours who feel they've being hard done by.
    I'm more than happy to mediate between you and Steve if neither of you will back down....

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Again, if anyone is too dumb to realize I'm not calling everyone in the UK section an *******, just the ones that attacked me in public without first trying to offer feedback or ask questions in a positive manner offline... then I can't help you.

14. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Please explain how comments like this can possibly help ? :rolleyes:

It just adds fuel to the fire and comes across as very childish along the lines of my Dads bigger than yours.

15. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Rob - Steve

Get hold of the "olive branch" and bury this mess

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    steve was banned because we had personal problems that needed to be discussed offline. all the other users simply broke the rule for talking about this outside this thread. you are free to say what you want for the most part, but this discussion needs to be contained here only.

Looking for true colors. I've seen a few. :(

17. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I'm now somewhat confused - are you saying that a sponsor has a little word in your ear when they feel that their sales may be effected by adverse comments on their products - isn't that what this forums all about - honest advice from experienced users? Please explain......

18. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Rob, you have PM, however I also want to post publicly that your response proves my point completely. You asked a question, I answered it, and now you want to remove me. Which part of my post shows a bad attitude? This is a repeat of 3 months ago. We are all encouraged to speak up, but if we do you will remove us.

19. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Personally, I don't think I have a bad attitude, but then I'm biased.

I also don't think stevef, lockyer, rmdferrari, inkyboy360, hazy or F308MAN have bad attitudes either and they've been banned.

What you should have done is to PM/email a warning to anyone that you think has a bad attitude, rather than Napalm the UK section.

And now calling us hoodlums is'nt helping to resolve things either.

20. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    How does steve do that if he is banned ?

21. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    So what is this then:

I had hoped things might have calmed down after everyone had slept on things, but you really seem determined to antagonize everyone and say so in one post, only to deny it in the next.

Yes, I do think some of the postings in the UK section over time have gone too far, but you really aren't helping things are you?

Jonathan

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    This is all 100% true, although it was more like 2-3 months ago, not 6.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Fine with me.

24. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Rob - can he still contact you?

25. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It was a car forum when it started out, theres only so much you can talk about Ferraris, so for all the people that have been around for a couple of years its turned into a life forum,A lot of posts are sarcastic that is the English way,thats the way people respond to things at work and the pub.
    I dont expect Rob to understand this as Americans dont do sarcasam in the same way, we can insult people very badly, but say it in the right way to there face,as not to offend, sometimes this doesnt come accross like that when you type it. Before i met steve i thought he was a pratt from what i read, he turned out to be completely differant to that as he is a very likeable and funny bloke.
    Rob i dont want to be banned but i dont want to be talked to like a 6 year old,in Britain you tend to get thurther if you ask people to do something rather than telling them.

Andy.