Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Evan.Fiorentino, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I think it has to do with the bad boy image. You know chicks in their teens are attracted to gangbanger bad boys. I guess the rice rockets are just associated with those types of guys. Whereas a person with a Ferrari, Porsche or BMW is considered preppy and stuck up.

2. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

If I were Horsefly then the first word I would say is "NOT!!!!" ;)
    Never did I say I cared for only newer Ferrari's, you can search this F-chat and the old F-chat and you won't see me ever say that, ever! I prefer classic cars to modern ones. Theirs a certain ambiance and joy of driving a classic car that new car's don't have. That's not to say new cars aren't fun either. I said I wouldn't take a Mondial, or even 308, unless of course it's that 600hp Supercharged one running around on F-chat and maybe w/some 360wheels like MooreSpeeds, that's just :cool: It's amazing how desirable those 360 wheels make the car look that David put on. But hell no, I wouldn't take a Mondial over a nicely turboed Integra. I would take a 365GTS or GTC4, 275, 330, 400 SuperAmerica, Dino, 250, ohh ohh, 250 California Spyder w/ the cool little glass hood scoop!!! Over just about ANY Modern Ferrari Today, 355, 360, 360CS, 430, 550, 456, 612 Scab, yes scab, 575, maybe even an Enzo? F-50 and esp an F-40 I'd take in a heart beat, I guess those are kind of modern exceptions. :) I don't know about the 355 though, it's just gorgeous, makes me all gooey when I see one. :)

3. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Ferraridude, I don't want to sound like ******, so don't take this the wrong way. I notice in your profile your age is 14. If this is true, I would assume your freind is also the same age. In which case maybe he will smarten up once he can drive.

4. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    yes it is true i am 14 he is not really my friend. He might be 15 im not sure hes into what he likes im into what i like we all have our own oppinions on things.

5. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA

Ok I'm sorry for that. My information was wrong, my intentions were good. :)

6. 1badimport

1badimport Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    Indiana
    I.m confused here.. You two are argueing about 2 cars that neither of you are old enough to enjoy or even know how are a car should drive? Shouldn't you wait for a little experience?

7. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Same here.. I'm floored. Turbo Civic or INtegra over a 308/Mondial? Holy hell what has this world come to.. Damn those annoying Fast and the furious movies!!

8. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    When he sits in that POS Civic and TRIES to move it out of a stop light... he will learn. Trust me, I considered a Civic for my first car and I literally slapped myself when I stepped out of the demo car, right infront of the salesman. He was quite bewildered.

The Civic's are That tad... yes indeed, its worth humiliating yourself rather than being seen in one of those Jap crap-boxes. They just SUCK! I mean we're talking 1940's brick-mobile handling, if not worse.... ZERO acceleration! My friend has a Civic and we carpool to campus, he hates his dad for buying it. We've nearly gotten killed numerous times trying to get some accleration to overtake trucks, only to run out of lane-space. I seriously, seriously, hate Civics. Turbo or not they just plain suck. Take a friggin' Mazda3 (which is EONS ahead of even the new 2006 sh*t-ivic) over that pile of crap please, and do yourself a life-saving favor.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #59 WJHMH, Oct 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    lol?

11. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

That's my kind of Honda :)

12. floppy

floppy Karting

Sep 19, 2005
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Pat
    Any car can go fast, the question is can they go fast correctly. Sure you could put 600 HP in a civic, that's fun for about a 1/4 of a mile, which is all these tuners seem to care about. Any more than that and the car dies. All that **** is really irrelevant. You can make any car go fast. I can drop a super-charged 455 in to a Buick and beat the doors off of a Vette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. But it won't drive properly at high speeds, or acceleration. It will float and feel like its all over the road, thats a thrill I can live with out. I buy a Honda because the car is reliable. You put 30 lbs of boost on a 1.8 liter engine and it ceases being reliable and hence a Honda. Dogmatic tuners piss me off. They fail to recognize that other cars can be good...Has to be an integra or a civic or a Supra or some other nip car they get all hard about.

13. arium

arium Karting

Jun 16, 2005
    Port Coquitlam, B.C.
    Full Name:
    Steve H
    May I offer the analogy of the Zippo versus the Bic?

Some things are collectable and worth restoring whereas others we throw away. The Zippo always gets a new flint and wick. The Bic gets sh*tcanned.

Steve

14. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    spot on analogy Steve-O.

15. corsa_italiano

corsa_italiano Karting

Mar 30, 2005
    I think you are mistaking the "ricer" scene with the real tuner scene. Such cars as a Nissan Skyline GT-R, Toyota Supra JZA80, FD3 Mazda Rx-7 or even an S15 Nissan Silvia are by no means "ricers" but cars that you can extract upwards of 1000 hp out of and drive them somewhat reliably. I notice your name, and truth be told when the R32 Skyline GT-R came out in Japan, it was compared mainly to a Ferrari 355 in which the Skyline came out on top. There are some cars that come from the land of the rising sun that are NOT to be doubted. Three of my friends and I were recently invited to a cruise with a group of exotic owners. The reason for this is because these kind gentlemen realize and respect (rightfully) the power and, in their own right, prestige. So where your statement goes wrong is this. Cars built with parts from Pep boys are rice...like you said, however the "import scene" is much more than that. Anyway, just thought i'd say my piece.

16. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Well today at tech the kid never mentioned anything about it i think he finally decided i know 10X as much about cars as he does and he can't begin to win an agrument with me after i just shut him down twice it was quite funny once i think about it.

17. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Well, Supras, particuarlly the 4th gens are a fantastic platform, esp for it's age. However, certain characters seem to whack themselves off to them to no end. I'm not found of the looks, but the platform is remarkable.

18. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I actually got a kick driving my F-Car home last nite on the NJ Turnpike.. and it was just like you folks said. Every kid in a hooked up WRX, Acura Integra and Civic Si would come flying up from behind me (I was just cruising at 80MPH), slow down next to me, stare, some kind of quick talk between the driver and passenger, floor it, slow down next to me then floor it again.

Im sure theyre telling their friends today at school how they whooped up on a Ferrari last night. I have to laugh cause when I was that age, I wasnt that immature. And I had some fast cars when I was younger.

Anyway, what do i know?!

19. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Chevarri, you can't compare a newer car (civic SI) to an older car, 308/mondial, etc. That's comparing apples to oranges. First off those cars were the KINGS of the road back then, try comparing a new civic to a new 430.

I think you get my point.

20. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    There is NO WAY in hell that a new 2004 or 2005 Civic Si can even touch a 308/Mondial. It's just not possible, and I've driven my buddies Civic too many times. Honestly, I'd put money on my mom's '03 Odyessey to beat a Civic around a track, or even a small curve anyday! No joke, Civic's really ARE that horrendous!

21. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    A 308 would leave a Civic as though it were driving in reverse. However, to say they are horrendous is incorrect, I have an 01 non modified and I don't pretend it is anything more than a civic but I do know it's limits. ;)

22. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Ever driven a 1975 Civic?

We're comparing a modern hot hatch to a Ferrari that first showed up before most Civic drivers were born. Gee, I should hope that a company with proper funding could beat the bar today that was set 30 years ago.

Engineering evolves. The bar is constantly moving, so there is no sense comparing a 308 to a modern car.

23. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    It all doesn't matter....its a FERRARI, not a Honda. Period. End of discussion.

24. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah i don't get that.

1970 Fiat 124BC
    1608cc = 110hp

2005 Honda Civic
    1668cc = 118hp

i don't see how a car that weighs 200kg more can even keep up with a 35 year old Fiat, let alone a 20 year old Ferrari.

25. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Well m friend and I just put that behind us and we never talk about it anymore.