Button puts foot in mouth | FerrariChat

Button puts foot in mouth

Discussion in 'F1' started by racerx3317, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    BAR Honda driver Jenson Button has come under fire for dismissing the chances of women ever being successful in Formula One - because of their 'mood swings and big breasts'.

Button was speaking during an interview with men's magazine FHM, in which he downplayed the chances of female IRL star Danica Patrick (pictured with Button) - who finished fourth in this year's Indianapolis 500 - reaching Formula One.

"Danica is very quick. But in F1 cars I can't see it happening due to the G-force in fast corners," began Jenson, after which his reasoning became more questionable:

"And one week of the month you wouldn't want to be on the circuit with them, would you? A girl with big boobs would never be comfortable in the car. And the mechanics wouldn't concentrate. Can you imagine strapping her in?"

OK, I'm sure everyone knows, because of my previous posts how i feel about the whole Danicamania thing (not that anyone cares...:)) but is what he said really that bad? I think he meant it as a joke.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    If he really did mention it as a joke it's a funny one. I can't help but think that is how he intended it, especially in the context of FHM. So much gets lost in print.

.......besides, thats what sports bras are for.

3. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    True, but wouldn't it hurt if she had big bazooms strapped in that tight? I mean the harnesses pull on you under braking I would think especially so in F1. The whole thing sounds a bit silly, i mean how PC can you be? Besides it's FHM not the damn daily mirror. I thought it was funny.

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    True, the deacceleration under hard braking can't be that comfortable.

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I think he was just being cheeky for the mag.

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    You could argue the same thing about crotch straps with men. They never bothered me... uh.. I mean JESUS those things were SO in the way of my package! Geez! I don't know how I ever drove with them.

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
  8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Danica has no boobies anyway....

9. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    LOL!! Owned!

He's not saying anything that hasn't been said before and considering the venue I think he'll get away with it. Besides we needed something to curb Danica-mania.

10. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    Dear god. I always wondered why celebs needed spokespeople and PR-men/women. Now I know : they all suffer from chronic foot-in-mouth disease.

11. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface

Yes she has none now, but under the deceleration, dont you think it might suck them right out of her chest. She might wind up with a nice C cup or something....lol.

Mark

12. Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Elroy, TX
    Danica Sex Tape, coming June 2006.

Anybody else with me? I figure if she doesn't win before next years 500 then they'll need something to keep her name in the papers. And, with that, she'll move to front page all over the nation, so for that matter why not sooner?

YOU HEAR ME DP PUBLICIST(S)?!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

;)

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Saw her on The Best Damn Sports Show last night. Something about her personality really grates on my nerves.

14. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl

I know exactly what you mean.

15. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    One of the IRL drivers was saying she was letting her tits get in the way of her driving, and when asked about the comment at a press conference, she pulled the neck of her shirt open, looked down at her chest, and responded "well they aren't that big so it must be something else"

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    i think if she has another year like this one next year we can expect the end of Danica mania. She pretty got blown off the track by her teammate this year and Vitor Meira isn't exactly the next coming of Senna. And you guys are right there is something very annoying about the way she comes off on TV.

17. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Danica is a hotsickle. I'd lick it!

18. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Gee. Is it fair for someone as fabulously successful in racing as the great Jenson Button to be passing judgement like this? Maybe that's it. JB has such enormous testicles that they get in the way of his driving. And I thought it was bad luck all these years.

19. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    But then again he may not have said it at all in the context it was reported. I did a 30 min interview for a TV station, about 5 mins was shown, non of what was said was in contex and made my views completely different to what my own views are.

Just my take on it, the press only report what they want.

20. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Possibly, but when you say things like "One week a month you wouldn't want to be on the circuit with (women)", the context is pretty irrelevant.

21. gdbsti

gdbsti Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    It's called a lack of one.

Careful guys, all this dumping on Morticia might draw the "There are however a whole lot of threatened male egos on this board fantasizing about what they would or would not do were they in Danicas presence" posters out...

22. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

This is true but what else he said is also relevant because it shows if he was giving a serious interview or just messing around.

23. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Yeah, but let me ask you: What does your gut feeling tell you? Do you think he was making a serious comment about the role of breasts in racing? Or do you think he was pandering out a cheap shot at Danica specifically and women in general?

24. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Well I feel he was trying to be cute for a magazine that's mainly for men ( I know a lot of women love FHM). I fell Bernies comments were more serious than Button's. He might have been taking a shot at Danicamania in general but that's not what i think his intent was. But that's just me. It would be pretty dumb to do that being that they both basically have the same boss.

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    IT WAS COLD!!!!!!!!!!! SHRINKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS IN THE POOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! :)