Free Lunch in Portland Sat., 10/29 | FerrariChat

Free Lunch in Portland Sat., 10/29

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willdief, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    This info was forwarded to me by a member - I don't know the restaurant and have no affiliation, yadda, yadda. But hey, it's a free lunch if you show up in something Italian.
    - Will

An All-Italian Traffic Jam
    I'm writing to tell you about a great opportunity to
    share the beauty of your Ferrari, Maserati, Ducati,
    MV Agusta, Aprilla, Vespa, or other exotic Italian
    vehicle at a special occasion, take advantage of VIP
    parking and treatment on NW 23rd, and enjoy a free
    lunch, some fabulous Gelato, and superb Espresso at
    the new Mio Gelato Saturday, October 29 from 10.00 am
    to 2:00 pm .

On October 29th the new Mio Gelato will open at the
    former site of Torefazzione Italiano. Bob Lightman,
    the owner, is inviting owners of exotic Italian cars
    and motorcycles to come by between 10 AM and 2 PM.
    When you arrive, all you need to do is pull up and
    Mio Gelato employees will direct you to special
    reserved parking right in front of the shop.

Many of you have enjoyed Mio Gelato at their current
    locations in the Pearl near Powells, at their
    Southeast Portland location, and at fine restaurants
    around Portland. Bob is a Gelato Fanatic, and it
    shows. You'll enjoy meeting him--he shares your
    passion for things Italian.

I hope you can take advantage of this opportunity to
    show off your vehicle a little and enjoy some world-
    class Italian fare. The more the merrier, we'd like
    to have three or four exotic Italian cars and a lot
    of motorcycles there most of the afternoon.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I think I'll flatbed my 308 down just for the free food................................

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks! I just might have to drop by. Mio Gelato is pretty good, at least judging by their Peal District store.

4. PeyoteBill

PeyoteBill Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Bill Babcock
    I sent a note to Will asking him to send this notification to FNWC members and he posted it on this forum and told me about it. Very interesting. Glad I found out about the forum.

If you have some time on Saturday around lunch, do drop by. I unfortunately can't be there, but I'm letting the owner borrow my 360 Spider to park out front. Its red with a black top and tan interior with a six speed.

Should be a good time for folks to get together before the weather turns really crappy and enjoy some great food. Bob Lightman is the owner, and he's a devotee of all things italian. A real maestro when it comes to Gelato. He also serves this really unbelievable hot chocolate that should come only with a perscription. Like they drank in that movie "Chocolate". Unbeliveable, but addictive. Starbucks sold something that was a pale shadow of this for a while, but it wasn't nearly as good.

Anyway, If you show up driving anything italian and exotic then lunch (Paninis), espresso drinks, and Gelato are free. All you need to do is pull up to the front of the store and an employee will direct you to a parking spot. They are parking mundane cars to hold the slots, and when you show up they'll just move one for you.

As the release says, it's on NW 23rd, where Torrefazione used to be. I'm not sure of the cross street but it's close to Lovejoy.

5. PeyoteBill

PeyoteBill Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Bill Babcock
    I'm the guilty party that sent Will the press release. I asked him to send it to FNWC members and he posted it on this forum and told me about it. Very interesting. Glad I found out about the forum.

If you have some time on Saturday around lunch, do drop by the new Mio Gelato. I unfortunately can't be there, but I'm letting the owner borrow my 360 Spider to park out front. Its red with a black top and tan interior with a six speed.

Should be a good time for folks to get together before the weather turns really crappy and enjoy some great food. Bob Lightman is the owner, and he's a devotee of all things italian. A real maestro when it comes to Gelato, he made a study of it that's borderline obsessive long before he decided to open gelato stores. He also serves this really unbelievable hot chocolate that should come only with a perscription. Like they drank in the movie "Chocolate". Unbeliveable, but addictive. Starbucks sold something that was a pale shadow of this for a while, but not nearly as good.

Anyway, If you show up driving anything italian and exotic then lunch (Paninis), espresso drinks, and Gelato are free. All you need to do is pull up to the front of the store and an employee will direct you to a parking spot. They are parking mundane cars to hold the slots, and when you show up they'll just move one for you.

As the release says, it's on NW 23rd, where Torrefazione used to be. I'm not sure of the cross street but it's close to Lovejoy.

6. PeyoteBill

PeyoteBill Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Bill Babcock
    I got a message that said my post hadn't worked, so I tweaked it and posted again. Presto--two almost identical posts. Oh well.

7. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    If the weather is OK I'll be there in the 430.
    Does anyone know the actual address on 23rd or the 2 cross streets?

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It would be 23rd and Kearney, I believe, on the corner. It is one block back from Lovejoy.

9. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What if you dont have a italian car, like me, but still want to go? Can I park down the street and walk in? And does anybody have the actual address of the resturant so I can mapquest it? Sure hope I can go to this.

10. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    If it is the corner of 23rd and Kearney this address will get you close

901 NW 23rd AV
    Portland OR 97210

Enjoy-

11. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  12. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Thanks guys.
    Can I still show up to the event if I dont have a italian motorcycle or car? I really want to go to this.

13. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm sure you can. I don't know if you'll get free food, though.

14. PeyoteBill

PeyoteBill Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Bill Babcock
    Of course you can go. When you get there tell Bob that Bill Babcock sent you, and he'll take care of you

15. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Thanks,Don and B.T.

16. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Will do. I'll see you guys tomrrow

17. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I was there with my 365. In addition to Bill's 360, there was a yellow 308, so we had a good cross section of eras!

I suspect the rain held the attendance down. The paninis and the gelato were good, however.

18. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    This morning I was wondering how many people would show up because of the rain. I decided to go anyway expecting a small crowd. On my way there I get not one but TWO flat tires. How wonderful. So I missed out on the event and was mad as hell, but once I got home I started to read Nikki Lauda's book "Meine Story" that had just come in the mail. So it wasnt all bad.

Hope you guys had a good time. Maybe next time it will work out.

19. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    I chickened out due to the weather.I intended to go.