Boston Breakfast Run This Sunday - 10/30 - 8 AM - "The Lot" | FerrariChat

Boston Breakfast Run This Sunday - 10/30 - 8 AM - "The Lot"

Discussion in 'New England' started by Lotus Man, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    So it's a change of pace. Turn in early on Saturday night, and come out and enjoy a casual drive/breakfast/more driving with the Boston folks. I figured with the long-overdue nice weather that's finally returning this weekend, this will compliment our midnight runs.

Details (feel free to join us at any rendezvous point):

8 AM - Meet at "The Lot"
    http://www.ski-paddle.com/boston/directions.html
    (Easy access without any roads through downtown, and off major routes (I-93, Rt. 2, I-90), even the suburb streets will be dead with no traffic at that hour.)

Leave at 8:30 AM sharp for Wachusett Mountain State Reservation
    http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/wach.htm
    (Scenic driving tour to catch what's left of the foliage.)

Arrive between 9:30 AM and 9:45 AM at the park and shoot the breeze for a bit. Depart at 10:30 AM for Ft. Devens to see the BMW CCA Test & Tune event (you can sign up and participate if you want to , but I'm just going to be a spectator).
    http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/ultimate-calendarView.aspx?EventID=231

This is by far the most fun, bang for your buck school on the runways.

Why?

* Anyone can attend. You DO NOT have to be a BMWCCA member to register for this event.
    * You get more seat time in your car during the day than any other event we host.
    * Instructors will drive your car if you want them to.
    * The event has limited registration to insure tons of runs for each student, or driver.
    * Low Instructor to student ratios.
    * Suspension setup feedback by the instructors.
    * Sit in other drivers cars for runs.
    * Go for rides in instructors car!
    * Use the exercise areas for hours of practice!
    * True Test 7& Tune drivers will be given special waivers on worker assignments.
    * $40 entry fee.

Depart whenever you want from the event.

Who's in? Chime in.

So far the participants:

1. Bob D. - 2004 Chrome Orange Lotus Esprit V8
    2. Will J. - 2003 Ardent Red Lotus Esprit V8

2. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    So it's a change of pace. Turn in early on Saturday night, and come out and enjoy a casual drive/breakfast/more driving with the Boston folks. I figured with the long-overdue nice weather that's finally returning this weekend, this will compliment our midnight runs.

8 AM - Meet at "The Lot"
    (Easy access without any roads through downtown, and off major routes (I-93, Rt. 2, I-90), even the suburb streets will be dead with no traffic at that hour.)

Leave at 8:30 AM sharp for Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, with a pitstop for a quick breakfast to meet up with others. Shoot on the Pike to the Route 122 East Exit (should take us about 30 minutes). Head down Rt. 122 East and the other group will be 3 miles down at a Dunkin Donuts parking lot on the left. We depart around 9:15 AM and arrive around 9:45 AM at the park to shoot the breeze for a bit.

Depart from the park at 10:30 AM for Ft. Devens to see the BMW CCA Test & Tune event (you can sign up and participate if you want to , but I'm just going to be a spectator).
    http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/ultima...spx?EventID=231

Why?

* Anyone can attend. You DO NOT have to be a BMWCCA member to register for this event.
    * You get more seat time in your car during the day than any other event we host.
    * The event has limited registration to insure tons of runs for each student, or driver.
    * True Test 7& Tune drivers will be given special waivers on worker assignments.
    * $40 entry fee.

Who's in? Chime in.

So far the participants:

1. Bob D. - 2004 Chrome Orange Lotus Esprit V8
    2. Will J. - 2003 Ardent Red Lotus Esprit V8

3. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    1. Bob D. - Chrome Orange Lotus Esprit V8
    2. Will J. - Ardent Red Lotus Esprit V8
    3. Sully - Black 350Z
    4. Bruce - BMW (Maybe)
    5. Bobby - F-Body Beast (Maybe)
    6. Bruce - Bordeaux Lotus Elise
    7. Mike - Red Super Charged 350Z
    8. 55fanatic - AMG Benz
    9. Jakillo - Black 350Z Roadster
    10. Scott - SLK55 AMG
    11. CelticPride2 - Black Super Charged 350Z

4. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Will,

I am going to try to make this run. Dan may bring the Cobra as well.

Alex

5. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Alex, hope to you see you and others.

The list is growing quickly. I'll update it tomorrow. We're up to about 20 people.

6. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    First thing is to turn back your clocks on Sunday morning or you will be 1 hour early!

8 AM - Meet at "The Lot"

Leave at 8:30 AM sharp for Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, with a pitstop for a quick breakfast to meet up with others. Shoot on the Pike. When on the Mass Pike you will want the first exit after 495. It will be the Rt. 122 Exit (should take us about 30 minutes). At the end of the exit, take a right, and head south on Rt. 122. You will travel through about two lights and on your left, across from the Pond, is the Dunkin Donuts (DD). The other group will be in the parking lot after the DD. We depart around 9:15 AM and arrive around 9:45 AM at the park to shoot the breeze for a bit.

Depart from the park at 10:30 AM for Ft. Devens to see the BMW CCA Test & Tune event (you can sign up and participate if you want to , but I'm just going to be a spectator).
    http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/ultimate-calendarView.aspx?EventID=231

Why?

* $40 entry fee.

Who's in? Chime in.

So far the participants:

1. Bob - Chrome Orange Lotus Esprit V8
    2. Will - Ardent Red Lotus Esprit V8
    3. Sully - Black 350Z
    4. Alex - White Ferrari Testarossa
    5. Bobby - F-Body Beast (Maybe)
    6. Bruce - Bordeaux Lotus Elise
    7. Mike - Red Super Charged 350Z
    8. 55fanatic - Silver ML55 AMG
    9. boricuajr - Silver WRX STi
    10. Scott - Black SLK55 AMG
    11. CelticPride2 - Black Super Charged 350Z
    12. Dan - Silver Mustang Cobra
    13. Bryan - Silver Focus SVT
    14. Josh S - Black Supra
    15. Frank - Yellow Lotus Esprit S4s

7. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Hey Will, any last drives planned? We usually have one in late Nov / early Dec.

Where can we still post with both BMS and YR both defunct? Hit me up, I am sure Bobby will be around to shoot when he is done with exams.

NEMS is a jungle, I don't think we can post there quite like we did on YR

8. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    YR is not defunct. You must re-register and start your new post count at zero. However, the new site is even better than before!

9. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    well... I enjoyed it for the year it was in its' first incarnation. With all the posts and camaraderie down the drain, I won't be back to hang with mostly Vette guys. sorry...

requiring registration, let alone a re-registration is the final insult

10. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex

Insult..?

It was a computer meltdown, they didnt intentionally throw away all the old posts. Did anyone on YR insult you? Re-registering took me 5 seconds, there are still some really good people on YR.

11. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    ah yes, computer meltdown- BMS has one each month, I am so glad I saved myself 3 reregistrations there hehe

12. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hey Dad's -- YR is still up and actually pretty good. We got hacked from some guy in Turkey, and rather then wait and restore we rebuilt the site better then ever in a matter of hours.

I wish you would give it another chance. The reason it is such a fun place as that it is made up of a wide cross-section of people.

If you want me to register you to save yourself the hassle, just PM me.

Rgds,

-N

PS - sorry to hijack your thread Will!

13. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Hey Nabbs,

I will take it under advisement. I'd love to at least browse the site to see if I like it. I stood behind the YR site in 2004 since we had our 5am meet planned on the site. I liked the idea and concept a whole lot. Now that you are in NYC, I anticipated that it would be less focused on Boston. (before your move)

I might check it out if I can get in via www.bugmenot.com , otherwise I might consider karcs site, Xcleans site, or even massdriven.com

Spending less time on the internet is actually a good thing, so I sign up very cautiously

14. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    The Boston gang seems to be pretty alive and well.

We don't allow anonymous browsing...but I will look into bugmenot and see if we can figure some work-around.

I hear you about spending less time on the internet. Since rennovating my new apt and other stuff -- I feel I have less time (and frankly less interest) in tooling 'round.

In either case, best of luck!

-N