Gender and Exotic Cars | FerrariChat

Gender and Exotic Cars

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ciao Bello 348, Oct 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Was curious to know what the gender ratios are on Exotic cars. The stereotype is that men drive exotic cars. I believe that is a myth, especially in this day and age. Matter of fact, the current design Corvette was influenced greatly by female drivers.

So what do women prefer? Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin?? What influenced your purchase; Driveability, design, comfort?? This thread should get some great talk going.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Good question!

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've seen women drive Porsches more than other high-end cars (I'm not calling Porsches exotics except for the CGT). I think a study also showed women prefer and drive more Porsches (% wise) than the others such as Ferrari, Lambo, etc. I saw a blonde lady driving a red 355 spider on her way to FoCF. It was hot.

4. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    A girl in a Ferrari is sooo hot.

You dont see man girls in exotics, you see them in SL's, 991's, and 3 series.

Antony

5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've seen literature from Ferrari. The percent of buyers is like high 90s in favor of males. Basically, they're almost all male. How many Ferrari DRIVERS are male is another question (think: how many wives/girlfriends get to drive them).

6. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Aesthetics, aesthetics and aesthetics.

From the perspective of one female OWNER

7. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    saw some sale info on new NSX's. said 75% male, no way it's that low!!!

8. tpower22

tpower22 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I wish more women would drive exotics. It seems like they stick with the Mercedes, Porsche type cars, but a woman in a Lambo would be very cool - or should I say hot.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    #9 MS250, Oct 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    You guys know by now that 2005 is the last year of the NSX as we know it. Honda, errr Acura, claims to be working on a 10 cyl monster. I heard from inside Honda thats a crock.. at least at this point.

That 75% thing is probably men buying them and titling in their wife's or girlfriend's name. I can just imagine that conversation.

11. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Beautiful girl too! I'd marry her lol.

12. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Wow the girl with the Z06 is so hot, just something about hot rod chicks.

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    wow i would love to ride in her "car"

14. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

15. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    There is something about a tattooed and pierced girl driving a spray-painted VW that just turns me on.

16. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    This last weekend at the car show in Arizona my girlfriend and I raised a lot of eyebrows. She had to go change for dinner and her husband had to stay there at the show, so what could we do? We hopped in the F-40 and took off. I frequently drive exotics and get looks, but that is nothing compared to the looks we got driving a supercar. One guy even had the nerve to say "two girls in an F-40, now that's just not right" I'm thinking, what's not right about it???

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think you kind of answered your own question. I thnk GM is looking to reach out to more women to buy the Vette. Which makes sense because a lot of studies have shown that in the majority of vehicle purchase decisions, the woman makes the ulitmate purchase decision.

18. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Growing up, I learned about cars from my mother, not my father. Dad always drove the station wagon, and Mom had a string of Porsches, from a 944 to a 911 turbo and a C4.

She test drove the NSX when it came out, but wasn't wild about it. She did get pulled over on the test drive, though!

She drives a BMW X5 now, got tired of not being able to really use her sports cars on the road. I did take her to the Ferrari of Houson track even a couple of weeks back, though. She got to ride in a 360 the first day, and I managed to get a her a ride in an Enzo the second day. The seed has been planted for a reasonable track day car now. Probably another Porsche, but it will be a while before she can get it past Dad!

19. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Keep in mind, that just because on the Motor Vehicle records a vehicle is titled or registered to a man doesnt mean that a man is driving the car.

When Chevrolet revamped the Corvette in, I forget, 1999 or something, they were heavily influenced by women. A lot of women do drive Corvettes as an everyday car. It might be titled to their husband or boyfriend, but its "their" car.

20. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    every time i see a girl driving an exotic its almost always in an SL55 or some kind of porsche, mercedes, or BMW. On the other hand when i do see women driving high end exotics a majority of them are in Lamborghini Gallardos or 360s. In fact a couple weeks ago i saw an older women driving a 575 and loved it. She actually shipped the car out to the autobahn for when she visited Germany :eek: