Factory images, birds eye | FerrariChat

Factory images, birds eye

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by velocityengineer, Oct 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. velocityengineer

velocityengineer Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Globally
    Full Name:
    Eric Dahl
    #1 velocityengineer, Oct 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys, I forgot to post this some time ago and came accross the pics again recently.

In 2004 I was a guest of Ferrari and they put me up at the Planet hotel accross the street from the main entrance for a couple days.
    I was on the top floor and had a good view of Maranello and the factory.
    I would like to say why I was there but it wouldnt be appropriate yet.
    I certainly will when I can.

I was able to take a couple interesting pics of the factory from a birds eye view. I got a shot of employees going past il cavallino for lunch, as the main company cafateria is behind the restaurant and down the street a bit.
    Also see Sig. Amadeo Felisa, the top technical man coming out of the management offices and getting into his silver Quattroporte.
    Also a pic of my ugly mug looking over the factory.

Not really amazing but maybe some new perspectives on the factory.

-Eric
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Cavallino_Rampante

Jun 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    nice pics, i went there 2 years ago it looks like i stayed in the same hotel or close to that one. It was quite a site seeing so many employees in their red uniforms going to lunch.

3. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Thought one would see a lot of ferraris parking within the proximity!

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Of Course A different view is always appreciated. Thank you. Would you recommend that hotel for a 2 day visit?

5. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    hadn't seen those before, thnx for posting.

6. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Planet Hotel is definitely the closest hotel to what you want to see..Cavallino Restaurant across street, rear/side door to the left is entrance to the cafe which is open for breakfast/lunch..main door for restaurant to the right. Ferrari branded store is right under the Planet as well as a grocery store. Fiorano track is @ 200 yards up the street, some easily climbable trees to give you a nice view, but you an see through a fence in any event. There are plenty of Ferraris parked and running up and down the interior streets and lanes of the factory.

I think the hotel is the factory hotel of choice for their visitors.

A great place to spend a couple of days..

Chris