I'm surprised / disapointed with Boston Sports Cars' behavior... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I'm surprised / disapointed with Boston Sports Cars' behavior...

Discussion in 'New England' started by JayO, Oct 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IceSkater

IceSkater Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Very well stated Birdman. I completely agree.

2. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    On that note, I must admit I bought my 328 last year in near "pristine" condition...it was important to me at the time... but have had a whole lot of fun driving it 11K miles(and counting fast) into its current state of mediocrity. I've long since stopped washing it after every drive, touching up every paint chip as they occur and vacuuming the interior each time I set foot in it. The bottom line for me is that by not worrying about preserving the "perfection" of the car for the next guy, I'm getting more enjoyment out of ownership than I had ever expected. There are those who may disagree, but these cars generally are not investments in any real monetary sense, but they are in tems of one's happiness. Enjoy them. :)

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    :) You go boy :)

Hmm... what would an advert for the 308 here look like:

1985 Euro 308GTS, raced every chance i could get in the past year including in the rain. Windshield wipers work great. Stored outside from spring to fall for 2 years (wintered in heated storage). Car modded for safety including rims, seats, electrical cut off, 4/5-way race harness... Many small chips on the front from race track clag and rocks during street driving. Slight crushed driver's side corner from going deep into the tire wall at turn 3 at NHIS. Slight dent on passenger side tire well (due to same tire wall incident). Car has been driven in the snow... often. Extra set of rims with snow tires included. New clutch in late July 2005 that has only seen nine race days, wish it were more.

Car runs strong.

Selling at a loss: $80,000 due to inherent cost of ownership.

Hmm... i am sure buyers will be lining up ;)

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Steven,
    You're keeping that thing forever my friend!! :)

Birdman

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hmm... that sound so... so.... final :)

Did i mention that she is to have her fluids emptied and used as a nice casket :) Patek Philippe uses ads saying we never own their watches. They are just being looked after for the next generation. Next guy my arse, just tie my right foot to the accelerator and right hand on the shifter and drop me in the hole. My soul will know what to do from there :)