Cars for next hurricane season | FerrariChat

Cars for next hurricane season

Discussion in 'Florida' started by WILLIAM H, Oct 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'm thinking a Diesel H1, I heard that while gas burners had long lines there was little wait for diesel. That and a Lotus Elise which burns gas but very little & is a lot of fun for whizzing past the gas lines :)

Got to get me a generator & some solar panels for next time too.

2. htb3

htb3 Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The problem with the Elise is that it only has a 10 gallon tank, and the fuel warning light comes on after 8 gallons, so every 200-250 miles, you need to fill up.

Mine is so low to the ground that I am afraid of running over all the debris that is on the road.

Forget the Hummer, get a Swamp Buggy! That way you dont have to worry about how much flooding there is.

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I escaped to Orlando after 4 days without electric or water (showers using sun heated bottled water lose their novelty after a day). I drove to Orlando at 65MPH on cruise in my new Audi A6 3.2, A/C running, got well over 34mpg. Not sure exactly how big the gas tank is, but the computer was showing I would have a total range of OVER 700 miles. Lines at Turnpike rest areas for gas were easily 30-40 cars long. Gas in Orlando was as low as $2.39!! Are we getting ripped in South Florida!

Only disappointment was the body damage from Wilma.