360 Oil Pressure Problems | FerrariChat

360 Oil Pressure Problems

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Trax, Nov 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    This is an on going story but I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice.

I have a 02 360 Spider, at the start of October (actually at Poseurs run) my oil pressure warning light came on a few times when I was stuck in traffic.
    In each case if I revved the engine a bit the pressure would correct.
    After this everything looked ok for a week or so.
    Then I started to get the problem again, only when the engine was warm. Often when I would come up to lights, put the car in N, the oil pressure would start to drop off to a very low level.
    I took the car into the garage and they changed the “oil sender unit”.
    This looked to correct the problem.
    However it’s now started again, although its not as frequent.
    Basically if I rev the engine quite high and then stop the car in N, the oil pressure drops below the warning level.
    However if I drive at low revs and then come to a stop, the car is fine.

Before anyone gives any smartass answers, there is no oil leak and the oil level is fine.

I’m just really looking for any helpful comments before I go back to the garage

Thanks

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    #2 Ferrari_tech, Nov 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First thing to do is to have the garage install a "master guage" to verify exactly what the oil pressure is. If it is in fact low then it could be one many things, could a partially blocked "pick-up" strainer (#56 in picture), might be a problem with the relief valve (#69) - the main thing is don't delay and have it checked now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

Thanks for your help, I'm going to take the car in on Saturday