Cool FerrariChat.com site statisitics... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cool FerrariChat.com site statisitics...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by rob lay, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I honestly think that is wrong. Steve did not make the post in jest and we can't sit here in the UK section hiding behind "special humour". Since when has Steve had this great relationship with Rob (or indeed anyone outside the UK section) where he jokes about and share's "banter". It doesn't happen.

I don't know Steve but I do enjoy most of his posts and he is great on the technical side and generally adds a lot to the site. I would like to see him stay. However, he is far from blameless.

Doesn't anyone remember when he first came here and went on and on about 12s vs 8s and proper Ferrari's. He seriously annoyed many people. Tonyh almost banned him! Have a look at his early posts, Tonyh and Stevef kissed and made up at See Red 2004.

Sometimes he goes too far, I think he was having a pop at Rob (again) and Rob snapped - Rob has admitted that.

Steve

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

Stig and Graham were able to moderate the UK section, Steve's post was outside the UK section, in a post relating to another members subscription payment.

Why should the UK mods be responsible for monitoring all of steves 9k+ posts

I for one want everybody to appologise for whatever part they may have played in this stupidity and get on with life, after all it is just an internet chatroom, a good one but still just a site on the tinterweb (as Rob's already appologised where are the appologies from the UK guys?)

3. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Rob,

I'll reply to this for your personal benefit (as I have no problem with you now, having accepted your apology).

Herein lies part of your problem :)

I'll rephrase this using your own analogy, but rephrasing it to how I and others see it:

I'm in your bar, your friend pushes me, I punch him knocking him down, all the friends grab my arms to hold me back. Should I not beat them down too?

Try and see it Rob :)

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    If we want to use the bar analogy....

Rob the landlord (who's already known to be hot tempered) is having a discussion with a regular about whether or not he's paid his tab.

Steve butts into the conversation and calls Rob a short arse, remember the alamo etc

Rob whos already a bit heated up due to his conversation with the other regular then bars Steve for a couple of months

Rob pissed at the world in general tells all the regulars that he wont tolerate that sort of behaviour

All the regulars get upset and leave to another pub

In real life most of the regulars would have been able to see the situation for what it was......a silly argument that could have been resolved with a bit of diplomacy,
    all thats happened now is the regulars think the Landlords a tit and will only come in for happy hour (tech info) who has really lost out here......

EVERYBODY ON FCHAT INCLUDING STEVE, ROB AND THE WHOLE UK SECTION

5. londra_avvocatessa

BANNED

Nov 2, 2005
    West London
    Full Name:
    Anthony

Taken from my post above ;

I know Steve had posted in a non UK section, so you have every right to get involved, but would it not have been wise to allow the UK Moderators to explain to his friends and comrades in the UK section the reasons for his banning and what was going to be the consequences?

6. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Good one AndrewG

To continue it further.

A lot of casual visitors to the bar, who sometimes felt a bit intimidated by what often seemed like a bit of rowdiness and really neverunderstood half of what the regulars were talking about, breathed a sigh of relief and decided they might visit the bar a bit more often because now they could actually be heard in conversation.

Meanwhile the landlord, sensing that maybe he had gone a bit too far, but also realising he had also attracted a few different clients, suggested that he might remodel his bar going to a saloon and lounge bar arrangement rather than just one big open bar.

But will the old regulars decide that the bar down the road doesn't have the same atmosphere, and despite the hot tempered nature of the landlord, decide to go back to his bar.

Time will tell :)

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    All this talk of bars is making me thirsty.... a think a little trip to my local is in order, just hope the loudmouth who sits on a stool at the end of the bar isnt in tonight..............

8. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    And don't pick a fight with the landlord :)

9. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Not sure why You would see this as an issue because as a Country we are the biggest users of the site outside the US therefore the "potential" for any of Your "PERCEIVED" wrong doing is bound to be multiplied, law of averages and all that

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can see how you have that analogy, but can you at least respect how I have mine?

Didn't I comment the very first day about this mess being a "chicken or egg" question? I was upset with the public attacks over the ban and you were upset I was attacking the public attacks.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes

12. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

That's the problem. There were no public "attacks". There were posts criticising Steve's ban as an overreaction. You saw these as personal attacks. They were not. You then deleted these threads.

I posted one of those messages, and it was NO attack.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, as you said, we "bar brawlers have our lawless site", and you are happy for us :)

And you have your utopia for gentlemen Ferrari owners ;)

13. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    All

How about moving on now. Enough's enough and the topic's been done to death !!!!

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Agreed, maybe Stig could close this thread?

15. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    As a newly invigorated poster - I agree. Close this thread

16. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    I would be very interested in installing a slippery pole in this new bar for beautiful women to slide up and down:D Not sure how that fits into your analogy but I miss the old UK forum and welcome the new in equal measures. This is evolution in progress. In many ways, a beautiful thing.

Like a Ferrari :)

17. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Don't like what we see, don't agree with it? Quick, close the thread!! :D

18. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    I've got the rehersal room for one of the clubs opposite my office, the girls use it to warm up and practice before going to work....makes working late more than bearble :D

19. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Keep this thread open - its getting a lot better now!

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've settled with steve.

I have apologized to the users that thought I was attacking them.

I'm available by PM or email if you ever want to talk. My American Airlines flight leaves the UK for Texas in 15 minutes. Wax, Stig, and a yet unnamed mod have keys to the bar. The place has been remodeled, we kicked one or two loud drunks out, and a few of their friends left with them. I started this site for Ferrari enthusiasts as a hobby. I'm not motivated by how many numbers we have or how much money I can make. While my day job is still in full swing I only care for the expenses to get covered. Beyond that I just want a pleasant fun community and that's what we are outside the UK and what we'll be everywhere in the future. I know this is what others want too.

I will always welcome Ferrari enthusiasts that are good people. I truly think there were only a couple people from the UK forum that weren't good people and now they are gone.

Sorry for the drama of the past week, one step back, two steps forward…

Thanks,
    rob