Polish anyone? | FerrariChat

Polish anyone?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by mmm355, Nov 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
  2. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
  3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    You may want to have a look at

http://www.autopia.org/

more suggestions and tips for detailing cars than you can shake a tub of Royale at ;)

4. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Blimey! Didn't realise a pot of expensive polish could stir up such passion! OK, so who can I use who is close to West Sussex?

5. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry, Jeff - if you look at my link at the start of the thread you'll see that I was starting an alternative Polish theme (as in Poland):D Just trying to keep a bit of the old UK forum spirit alive!

No offence to you of course, Jeff, just for my own selfish amusement:)

6. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

none taken at all! merely bemused. Anyway, I still want to have my car professionally done, any ideas? Its silver which I told can bit a bit of a sod to shine up

7. Simon Belli

Simon Belli Rookie

Jul 3, 2005
    Devon UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Belli
    All the silver cars I have ever treated have always come up fantastic. The Zymol treatments really bring the cars alive and really give them that wet look. If you want a real professional finish I would recommend having some paint work correction done. Totally removes swirl marks, bird stains, light oxidation, and light scratches. And then having your car treated with Zymol.

As good as the Zymol hd cleanse is it will only fill in some of swirl marks and you do need to go that one step further to get the very best results. hope this helps.

Regards

Simon

8. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    as the aluminium panels on my car probably have original paint and I have had repainted all of the steel ones, would there be an appreciable difference. The car has been polished using the autoglyn system and although I think it looks OK, I wonder if it could look better. I like the idea of a wet look finish as the colour really suits. Is there a local person?