F430 owners - Anybody remove... | FerrariChat

F430 owners - Anybody remove...

Discussion in '360/430' started by KenU, Nov 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    ..those annoying yellow warning labels ("Death or Serious Injury Can Occur"...) located on both windshield visors?

2. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I did it. They just peel off and then I used Meguiars leather treatment to remove the residue which was still pretty soft. I saved the labels, some future owner may want them for concours judging. The dealer did advise me to take them off sooner rather than later before the glue gets really hard or changes the leather.

Dave

3. VANTOCI

VANTOCI Rookie

Oct 23, 2005
    NEWPORT BEACH
    Full Name:
    vito antoci
    NO PROBLEM CAME RIGHT OFF-

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    peel slowly, no problem

5. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks, guys!

Didn't know if removing them would be a problem for next owner (not in complete original form, as delivered new)

Off they go...

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    You might want to see if the dealership can get you new ones now to file away. So, if /when you want to sell it you have a fresh sticker the new owner can decide to put on.

7. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Just started to peel one off slightly and saw that the sticky stuff was not coming off with it at all (only 2 weeks old). Pressed it back on - off to the store to get some Meguiars leather cleaner.