another boxer owner...thinking of an elise | FerrariChat

another boxer owner...thinking of an elise

Discussion in 'British' started by ferraripete, Nov 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

like some other boxer owners, i too am thinking of an elise as a fun little daily driver. i have been thinking it would be a fun little ride to track and even leave at the airport for travel.

what is the secondary market pricing look like? i am wondering how these cars will fare?

are they $30k cars?

you thoughts are appreciated.

2. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I think using it for your only other "daily" car would cause you to sour on it shortly. It's a much focused track car and fun car. They can be had on the secondary market in the US for upper $30's. I think the depeciation would be similar to how the Boxsters have been - moderate. Good luck in your search, are you thinking of it as your only daily car??

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i dont drive much but the car my be too spartan as you suggest however, i should drive one and see for myself. it does seem a fun machine for me as i am certain i would be able to enjoy it , park it, track it, unlike my other cars that i am too afraid of ruining. i saw one on the road today and they look very fun...may be the ticket.

thank you for your price comments

4. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Anytime ferraripete! In the midwest they seem to have asking prices of 38,900 - 42,900 for used ones. Most have under 2-3k miles on them. Have you seen one with the door open? It has a super wide AND high side. It acts as an arm rest!! Very exotic, but will be hard to enter/exit with the top on. Makes it more special in my eyes!