Exotic Meet & Drive | FerrariChat

Exotic Meet & Drive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Baasha, Nov 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Well, it's time for a meet and drive before the rains come down hard. It is going to be this Saturday, Nov.12th. Meeting place is Stanford Mall @ 9:00A.M. The drive is going to be good--planned out a nice route so hopefully we can get plenty of pics along the way. Exotics only please--Ferrari, Lamborghini, CGT etc.

2. JWGT2

JWGT2 Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    James
    Arun..
    I'm back! Drive sounds fun, I'll call you.

James

3. ErnieGT

ErnieGT Karting

Aug 28, 2005
    Sacramento area
    Full Name:
    Ernie
    I will try to make it, 50/50 at this point. Is my car welcome for this drive?

If OK, could you please PM me (or post) the exact address (I'm not familiar with the area, sorry). Last question: approximately how long is the route please?

I look forward to checking out some new roads and meeting you all!

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Hi Ernie -

I'm sure Arun and all of us would love to have you join us! Can Kirby make it also?

Stanford Shopping Center is on El Camino where Palo Alto meets Menlo Park.

Hope to see you there!

Gary

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I can make it, but will have to head back by 1100 or so to make the FCA lunch at the Mozart Collection. In what part of the parking lot are we meeting?

Gary

6. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think I can sneak out long enough for the meet, don't know if I'll be noticed MIA around the house for the drive.

Kids.......

7. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Okay guys, looks like we'll have a nice group for the meet.

Ernie, we definitely want you to come to the meet & drive. I'm guessing your car is a GT40 which is quite exotic and FAST!!

Anyway, we'll meet in the parking lot in the 'back' near Neiman Marcus (sp?) and Sony Style. Feel free to come around 8:45 A.M as we'd like to start on the drive around 9:00-9:15 A.M.

Stanford Mall is on El Camino--you'll have to navigate your way around the mall to get to the "back" parking lot near Neiman Marcus. If you're coming from San Francisco, take 101 South and exit University Ave., then drive down University the entire way till you get to El Camino and take El Camino North; as soon as you do, Stanford Mall is on the left side. For those coming from San JOse, take 101 North and do the same thing as above; down University to El Camino North and it's on the left side.

Ernie, I'm not sure what highway you'll be taking but if you type in "Neiman Marcus+Stanford Mall" on Google, it should give you the address and then you can Mapquest it (I just made Mapquest into a verb--LOL). Good luck and I'll post the exact address later in the week just to let everyone know.

Alex (SROC4), definitely come for this one man--I'll call you.

8. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'd like to come as well. I should be riding with LT-1 in his GT4. If he can't stay for the drive, is there a possibility of riding along with someone else?

Thanks!

Aaron

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey can I come too??
    :)

10. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Just bring your checkbook and you can do the drive yourself. ;)

Don't worry about leaving the Vette at Stanford, I'll drop it off at your house and take CalTrain home.

See, with a little bit of planning everything works out.

11. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Rats. If only it were one week later.

12. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Hey Aaron, I think you were the one who PM'd me a while ago.. man, I think I still owe you a ride. haha.. make sure you come. By the way, what's a GT4? You mean GT40? Anyway, everyone is welcome, the only thing is if you're coming on the drive, please drive/ride an exotic car.

Mike, definitely come along..it's going to be lots of fun!

Hopefully it doesn't rain that day--we'll keep our eyes open anyway. Any other questions/comments, feel free to ask/make them.

13. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dino 308GT4....it's a Ferrari. :)

14. dexter

dexter Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    Darn, I wish I could go for a ride; next time. I will be playing paintball that Saturday.

15. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Love to go but the 12th is my sons last baseball game. I will catch the next one.

16. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    I guess I won't be coming. My lowly 996 is my ride.

17. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Arun,

I'm definitely IN! I went for a drive last Saturday after having lunch in HMB (Fishtrap) with my bro. I was able to push the car a bit since there was no traffic on 35/92. After that drive all I can say is...I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I would definitely want to take it out this weekend since I will be bringing it in to FoSV for some minor work, and Bob Willis will be detailing it soon.

I hope the weather and traffic will cooperate this weekend.

See you all this Saturday!

Alex

18. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It's a lock, then - I'm 100% in.

19. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The weatherman says sunny and warm this weekend. :))

20. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Now all you guys have club radios, right? What's the frequency?

21. vdavie

vdavie Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    norcal
    Full Name:
    vince davie
    Forget the freakin radio's!

vince

22. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In all my years of exotic car club membership, I have one word for drives where the participants have no radios; chaos. I own two radios, and always end up loaning one to a newbie without a radio, with two consistent results: 1. They ask themselves how they ever got along without one, and, 2. They bring one of their own to the next drive.

23. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Hey Arun,
    What do you suppose timing will be like?
    Is a stop for lunch included in the plan?
    Will you hotshots wait up for us guys with the old little horsies?

Thanks.....

24. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Mike, since we will all be driving together, in one group, I feel that radios are not mandatory. However, they do help when we have our "spirited" moments as well as when we're going through certain areas (watching out for traffic etc.). In this drive, it's pretty straightforward: We will go along the planned route and take no shortcuts; furthermore, there will be several places where we can stop and have photo shoots and others where we can drive at a spirited pace. But for the most part, it is rather straightforward. Although if you guys still want to bring radios that would be great. I think Vince doesn't want it because the "drive" then gets too serious and sometimes annoying--I used go on the drives with my M3 and the radios were mandatory--people hardly used it for useful things. I will bring a radio however since I will lead the drive so if you guys want, you can bring one too.

Rick, I think that the plan is to "finish" the drive before lunch. Although the timing may be off, if people wish, we can make a lunch stop. However, I have not planned for it as of yet. The timing should be like this: drive starts around 9:00A.M, finish around 12:30--1:00P.M. The extra time is for stops that are needed for photo ops etc. The drive itself should not be more than 2.5 to 3 hours.

Yo Vince, you bringing the 6.0?

25. vdavie

vdavie Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    norcal
    Full Name:
    vince davie
    i will try i have to stored away in my warehouse so i'm going to try to get over to it on friday.

v