Donington - Dec 29th - Unsilenced - £69 | FerrariChat

Donington - Dec 29th - Unsilenced - £69

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ricard, Nov 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    I know it'll be cold and probably wet plus all the roads will have salt on them! But I thought I would mention this trackday for all the Tubi / Capristo owners who fancy a Christmas blast...

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/

2. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    Hmmm price rise to £99 ...

3. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Did an unsillenced day there with Bookatrack a few months ago and it was a great day.

Be prepared though that the Ferrari's will probably be the slowest cars there. There was some very fast stuff when I went.

4. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    Does a 575 with a Tubi normally exceeds noise limitations?

5. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    As far as Donington is concerned anything with a sports exhaust and/or no cats will fail a quite/silenced day. Apparently standard 430's fail too.

The problem is the local council stipulate a drive-by automated noise test whilst you go round the circuit so exhaust bypass valves etc are fully open whereas to pass road emissions noise test the bypass valves usually keep things quite. I live in the village next door and constantly complain to the council officials that I moved to live inbetween an airport and grand prix circuit because I like the noise and they were ruining the environment by making it too quite - but it falls on deaf ears, pardon the pun :)

Thats why a "cheap" noisy day at Doningon is cool.

The council constantly monitor the noise meter output, hence on quite usage days the circuit has to be strict on noise levels otherwise they will be closed down by the local *****.

But, every other day at Donington is usually unsilenced but those days tend to be grabbed for General Tests (racing cars) and the like...

ps. Whoever made this sticky, the price has risen to £99 might want to change the title?