Heartland Open track events | FerrariChat

Heartland Open track events

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by BoulderFCar, Nov 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm looking for information on open track days at Heartland but can't find any information on their web site. Is there a group or a club that does open track days at the site? We've lost our only good track in Colorado and a couple of us are looking for alternatives and have heard great things about Heartland. We have a mix of Fcars and Porsches so I don't know if one of the clubs that tries to hold to an individual marque would work. I would appreciate any contact information or ideas on Heartland. Thanks in advance.

2. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

Isn't Second Creek sill open ??

Heartland Park will have several dates next year I assume. PCA was supposed to have 3 this year but the last one Oct 29-30 was cancelled b/c of repaving. BMW/MB and Audi always have a few scattered in there as well and I think the Corvette/Viper guys too. The facility is being greatly improved pavement wise in addition to other amenities. I know some of the local Ferrari guys expressed concerns with respect to pavement which is being taken care of and hope they come out and play.

First DE is always the KCPCA in April so just keep on the watch and registar early b/c its fills up fast, all makes are welcome.

I'm a PCA member but its not like I am always up one the latest news. I guess I should be more of a socialite club guy to stay in the loop, but I would rather drive. Any other ? let me know.

Regards,

Tom

3. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Second Creek closes forever this year. It was pretty ratty anyways. Very hard on cars. Thanks for the information. I'm in the PCA as well and it sounds like I do just about as good a job at keeping up but I'll watch the KCPCA.

4. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    Heartland is a great track went there earlier this year with the MR2 owners club. Had a great time.

5. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Would love to see some Ferrari's here.