Need help 05 or 06 F430 | FerrariChat

Need help 05 or 06 F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Future F430 Driver, Nov 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Future F430 Driver

Jul 31, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    JT
    A dealer beat me to the F430 I was looking at last week in Chicago @ Bently Gold CoastRed/Beige, carboceramic brakes. Been warned to stay away from Ferrari of Washington plus the guy never contacted me when I told him I was looking for somehting. BGC "promised" to find me a replacement. I get the call today that there is a red/beige 05, carbocermic, woofer, red calipers, daytona seats for $243,000 and he can also get a 06 red/beige, bluetooth, carboceramic, Daytona's, woofer, Carlson leather, carbon fiber for $250,000. I may be missing a few options here and there but nothing of major.

What is the Carlson Leather upgrade, just a finer grade of leather?

Help me out here guys. Logic tells me that the $6K difference in getting an 06 is a better investment but my intention is to keep the car. I've heard the prctice of never buying a first run model and all. What does everyone think?

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    For a little extra, I'd buy the latest model year I could. I have an '05 and it's been great, for whatever that's worth. Can't help you on the Carlson leather. Glad to see you're getting the ceramic brakes, that's the way to go.

Whoever warned you to stay away from Ferrari of Washington is an idiot, in my not at all humble opinion. I'm sorry if you had trouble getting a reply from someone there - PM me if you'd like an introduction. I have bought a number of cars from FoW, been to their parties and track days and know virtually all of the folks who work there - it is simply the best dealership I've worked with, period.

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I would do a search on Bentley Gold Coast here before you do anything. I have never dealt with them personally so I feel it isn't right for me to comment on them. I have seen a few 05 F430's available for less than $240K in autoweek but they didn't have ceramic brakes. So check there too. Good luck.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I agree-FOW is a great place with great people---ask for Augie...

5. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have never heard of "Carlson leather". Unless there is some new option added, sounds like BS. Check with a dealer. I don't really know if an early 06 would be worth more than a late 05. FWIW my 05 is 12 weeks old today with 2600 miles and no problems. I asked the dealer if there have been any service bulletins and he said the only one was to add some small bracket to some very early production F1 models only. It would appear that since the 430 was more evolutionary than revolutionary that they have been great right out of the box, much like 328's were in 1986. Good luck with the hunt.

Dave

6. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    No problems with my '05 430-4mo old 1900 mi. Don't believe that "Carlson leather" is a factory option sounds after- market.
    As far as resale the mileage on the car is much more of a factor than whether it's an '05 or '06 IMO.

7. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    i think the 06 will probably be a better buy. especially if its a keeper for an additional $6k. don't know anything about Carlson leather.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

IMO there isn't going to be the same "first model year" stigma with '05's and the 430. Reason being is this car while an improvement over the 360 is not a total clean sheet redesign. Having said that for the extra I'd prefer the '06. It will definately help resale.