ROAD AMERICA EVENTS 2006!!!! | FerrariChat

ROAD AMERICA EVENTS 2006!!!!

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Huskerbill, Nov 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The new schedule is out for Road America for 2006!!!

The good news???

The Ferrari Challenge will be BACK!!

The bad news???

The Ferrari Challenge and the Brian Redman Challenge (BRIC) are on back to back weekends!!! Rats.... Not that I won't be going to them, but I would rather have them spaced out!! Oh well....

I know it is early, but who is going??!! :)

July 7-9 Ferrari Challenge
    Road America is a favorite circuit for this international series, which allows Ferrari
    customers and owners to compete against one another. For participants and spectators,
    the Ferrari Challenge provides a perfect way to watch enthusiastic drivers in fierce
    competition using street-legal Ferrari racing cars.

July 13-16 International Challenge with Brian Redman
    The International Challenge is one of the largest vintage gatherings in the United States
    with over 30 classes of cars in ten race groups. Homage is paid to the golden age of
    racing with the 40th anniversary of Can-Am, and the Historic Grand Prix group highlights
    the spectacular F-1 race cars. Cars and fans spill into the streets

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    It is a safe bet that I will be CAMPING out at one of these this year at the local campground west of the track (I don't think you can camp on the grounds during the weekend of the BRIC).

Probably stay in a hotel for the BRIC. When my buddy and I were up there last year we checked out the campgrounds and it looked kind of fun. So we will be taking his Viper and my Ferrari up loaded up with tents and such. Fun. Anyone possibly interested in that, let me know as it gets closer.

Maybe we could talk the ladies into driving a seperate car up to carry the stuff...... ;-)

3. NSX 3.0

NSX 3.0 Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Neenah,Wi
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #3 NSX 3.0, Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Man Bill are you getting ahead of the game...I think I'm at RA every other weekend from April-Oct either watching the races or doing a couple driving schools. IMO the BRIC is the one to see I love the car show Fri-Sat on lake street. The Ferrari Challenge is awesome too nothing like seeing 30+ 360's getting pounded on. Here are a couple from last summer on lake street.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sweet pics....

Yeah, I know it is early, but I figured, why not put this out now to let people get it into their heads/calendar.....

So how early did you have to get there to get your cars in those parking spots???

5. NSX 3.0

NSX 3.0 Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Neenah,Wi
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #5 NSX 3.0, Nov 8, 2005
    Those pics are from Friday. We got there around 3.45pm and could park close to Siebkens. The race cars usually leave RA at around 6pm and drive to lake street and park around the whole block. Last year you couldn't asked for a better weekend weather wise. The bummer of the weekend was the big crash at the start of one of the vintage races. In a couple months when we are buried in snow just keep this picture in mind that summer is a coming.

6. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The BRIC is probably the highlight of my summer. LOVE it. Look forward to it for months (many months as you can see!!!). And, with the Challenge giving me a little taste of what's to come, it should make for two fun weeks....

I haven't gone on a Friday yet though. I usually get there early on Saturday and stay all night. Last year, I think I stayed till 10 P.M. or so. The year before, it was 2 A.M.!!!

I am getting a room this year......

I love the in-town car drive. I will probably have my car in the show this year on Saturday night for kicks. Why not?? Just to see how it would score. See if I can get her in the 90s.

7. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    They should have set it for Jul 2...who is going to the USGP neway?

8. rketex7

rketex7 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    K.C.Y.
    I know a local car that race at the challenge series, he was on this forum a couple years ago, his name is Chris Ruud, very nice guy. He is a client of Jamie, a friend of mine who used to have the Silver RX. Anways, we've got a pass to the event at his tent at turn 5 and VIP paddock pass to his mobil trailer as well. Very cool to know someone locally. I think he said he will might be racing in the F430 Challenge this come year if it becomes available from Ferrari. There were two Enzo at the event this year, just plain awsome!
    You can be sure I will be there this year as well.

9. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Were you there this year?? I would have said "Hi" if I had seen ya.... Nice!!!

Sure will be a nice trip up this year in your new ride!!!

Do I know Jamie??

10. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Ha!!!

11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Once road america puts out the schedule, the resorts will take reservations. Places like Seibkens, Osthoff, Victorian Village etc... make your calls now. It's $$ to stay right where the action is but it's well worth it (bring the wife and conceal it as a romantic weekend). The osthoff has some "hotel style" rooms in their new expansion wing (around $250/night) they are nice and a little more reasonable than the condo units.

Bill... does your Viper buddy have a new style black one with the plates "quickie or quick one" ?

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Dude!! That's me......... in the pic to the left of the NSX drinking Crown as the race car parade is coming through.....

Wild!

13. NSX 3.0

NSX 3.0 Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Neenah,Wi
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Too funny...what car did you have there? Mark in the purple shirt and tan shorts owns the Black one right next to him and mine is in front of his.

14. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

That HILARIOUS!!! Thank the Lord you weren't picking your nose!!!
    :)

Now, regarding my buddy?? No, he has a red RT-10 Viper. Black?? Yeah right?? Who gets black sportscars??? No one I would hang out with!!!! :)

And regarding the rooms..........my wife WANTS me to get a room up there. We were supposed to last year, but I didn't feel like spending big bucks since I drove home the year before too. Since we didn't have a room, she didn't feel like going to the BRIC. She LOVES the Osthoff and that is where she wants to stay. Believe me, it wouldn't be difficult to convince her to stay there...

15. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Funny story...

My wife couldn't make it for the weekend, so I decided I'd bring the 308 (red/tan GTSi) so I wouldn't be totally lonely. I had yet to use it up to that point last summer so I decided to trailer it down. I didn't trust it for the 7 hour one way trip.

So, I load it up on my old open car trailer and take off. I head to Green Bay first because I'm playinging the Wisconsin State Amatuer golf tourney. I had been on the road for 6 hours (@70mph) and as I'm pulling into the hotel in Green Bay the night before the golf tourney I rip off the front axle of my car trailer....

As I'm 6 hours from home with a broken down trailer and in a "great mood"... some huckleberry stops and ask's "is that the one Magnum drove"..?? I politely say "yes".

He soon notices that the front axle is ripped off my trailer.... He say's "dude, do you need some help"? I say "sure".

We get the car off the trailer and he ask's "what are you going to do with the trailer?"

I say, "man it's yours if you can haul it away..."

This guy procedes to hual away my old tailer, tires smoking etc....

So here I am.... By myself, two cars, no trailer and 4 days (length of the tourney) to figure out, 1. How I'm going to get the 308 to Elkhart for BRIC and 2. how the hell I'm going to get home.

Ultimatley, I ended up buying a new trailer (obviously needed it anyway). I got the car to Elkhart, drove it back and forth to the track from the Osthoff... parking in the Forest Lake Sports Car area.

Other than it being the most expensive weekend of my life it was great fun even though it was just me and the 308.

Was that NSX I'm standing by yours? They were both very nice cars... I really like them in black.

16. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Husker Bill, NSX 3.0... lets make a tentative pack to meet up at next years event!

17. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Screw tentative!!

How about a ROCK SOLID - "I'll see you two there for SURE....!!!"????!!!!

NSX - What I am thinking, is that I will get my group, and meet up with your group somewhere near Fondy. Then we can ALL travel together in one big group to the big show....You get some of your NSX crew. I will bring mine and we can meet up. Meister can meet us. And we can all head in together. Would be an excellent time...

Sean called me tonight sometime and I didn't see it until it was too late to call back. Wonder what he wanted....??

18. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I HAD to have seen your car. I was at the Lake Forest booth/display/area and saw all of the cars. I had to have looked at it. I remember 3 or so 308s. One 328. A RUF Porsche. 360. Etc....

19. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #19 Huskerbill, Nov 9, 2005
    Meister..........

I know this is a Ferrari board and you want to impress everyone here!!! But to feel that you even have to lie about the drink you were drinking......???

I enlarged that picture of you drinking that beverage and am going to have to bust you. That is NOT Crown in that plastic cup!! I recognize a warm, $.50 tap of Hamm's anywhere!!!

;-)

20. NSX 3.0

NSX 3.0 Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Neenah,Wi
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I will be there for sure...it's nice living only 50 minutes away from RA I'm in Neenah. Question for you guys do you know a Scott Andrews from High Cliff? He owned a Red 308 for many years and sold it a couple years back. Meister have you ever golfed at Ridgeway CC on 76 in Neenah? I live a few minutes away from there and a stones throw north of the golf course is Motion Products and all you Ferrari guys should know of them and the owner Wayne. He is one of the best Ferrari restorers around and I've been in that place a few times. Have you guys ever seen his Yellow F40 race car? unreal.

21. NSX 3.0

NSX 3.0 Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Neenah,Wi
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Sounds good to me...he called me to and I missed the call. I think he's thinking about doing the car up this winter... like he needs to do any more. I would love to get my Charger on this winter but it looks more like next year.

22. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Bill Nice photo work, that's funny =)

The outside bar at the Osthoff will serve you whatever you like in a plastic cup... plus I used my food/beverage certificates they give you when you check in so it's like it was free... I'm cheap =)

Nsx, my 308 was the one with the Gottis wheels??

23. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I just talked to Wayne last week to get him a message to call my mechanic. Wayne knows his stuff. He came on our Oct 8th drive.

24. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Damnit! Sucks they are back to back! Well, I Definetely won't be missing the BRIC!!!! Hmmm week long camping.......

Sep. 15-17th is the VSCDA Vintage Fest.
    and the BRIC is celebrating the 40th Aniversary of Can-Am!!!! saweeeet

25. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Who are you?? What is your story?? Have a Ferrari?? Local?? I see you didn't fill out your profile....

Who are ya??