i can see at night now! | FerrariChat

i can see at night now!

Discussion in '308/328' started by smg2, Nov 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    #1 smg2, Nov 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    well i just upgraded the wire harness and lights to phillips Xenon unit, WOW the difference is amazing! in the pic it looks very dark but the porte-cache lights are on too it's just that the xenons are so bright it overpowers them in the pic.

also i removed the entire fuse box and cleaned every connection every wire and terminal and re-assymbled with stabilant22. big difference here as now everything works, from door locks to key chime.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I upgraded lights awhile back and can't recall which ones I used (I think they were GE). It was an improvement but not drastic. Missing piece(s) are what you did I suppose.

3. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    i went with accutual xenon lights. the ballast sits in the headlight bucket. tight fit but works. i had to remove both lights and trim/adjust rings to get it to all fit. whats nice is it draws very littly amps and only 35watts. unlike the hella 55 watt upgrade. edit: all the pieces are back in, i was reffereing to having to strip the bucket down to get all the stuff in.

4. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Use relays?

5. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    the fuse /relay panel already uses a relay for the lights. the PO had updated the fuses to the hella ones for the non-sealed bulbs. i had the wiring redone for the increase in wattage and amps. however the HID ballast only pulls 9-12v and less wattage than the OEM sealed bulbs.

the ballast accutually powers the HID.

6. JoTeC

JoTeC Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Hullett
    What model Ferrari did you upgrade? Do you have links for the kits?

7. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    82 mondial 8. sorry no links, i have had this HID system for a few yrs. moved it around on different cars. any HID kit can be added to most any car. simple wiring, bigist hurdle is the lens.

8. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
  9. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I got Hellas. If you do a search there was a long, very detailed post about headlight upgrades. Can't recall who started the thread, pretty sure it was a 308 owner.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I don't know about the 355's and up but the harness kit will work on any earlier model. I have a similar set up on all (5) of my cars from the 80's. It is the best $/performance upgrade in the whole world.