Photos - East Cobb breakfast show 11/5: | FerrariChat

Photos - East Cobb breakfast show 11/5:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Nov 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #1 Gatorrari, Nov 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Several months ago, I was made aware of a car show that happened on the first Saturday morning each month at the Avenue East Cobb shopping center on Roswell Road, which is not far from where I live. I was reminded of it just the day before, and resolved to give it a look. I'm glad I did!

Although advertised as taking place at Panera Bread, the location is actually some distance from the restaurant, though still within walking distance. I figured this would be a good show when, while waiting to turn left into the lot, a 512 TR turned right coming from the other direction! I followed him into the show area and wound up parking back-to-back with him.

Here are the first group of photos. I was delighted to see the beautifully restored Maserati 3500 GT spider, a nice counterpoint to the coupe I had seen at EuroAutoFest a few weeks earlier.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Tomorrow I'll post the rest, including the aforementioned 512 TR and another interesting Ferrari that showed up later.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #3 Gatorrari, Nov 13, 2005
    This group starts off with a beautiful two-tone '58 Plymouth, with push-button tranny, of course. The black 911 is owned by a fellow I've known for over 30 years--he's one of the best plastic model aircraft builders in the country. I love the rumble-seat passenger in the Model A!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #4 Gatorrari, Nov 13, 2005
    Now here was a pleasant surprise. The 512 TR left fairly early, but within about 10 minutes, I heard another high-performance car approaching, and looked up to see what I first took for a 360. But then I took a second look and--it was an F430!

It pulled in alongside the 328 and the owner and I exchanged pleasantries. He'd had the car only about a month and was still learning its intricacies. He let me sit in it, and it was definitely roomier and much more modern than the 328. He even let some of the kids in attendance try it on.

Unfortunately I had underestimated the show and had only brought one roll of film. Thus I was unprepared for what arrived about 20 minutes later--a second F430, this time a spider that its owner had just picked up the day before! Oh well, live and learn.

5. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    Great shots, wish I could have made it.