360 Locking Wheel Nuts, do they exist? | FerrariChat

360 Locking Wheel Nuts, do they exist?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360trev, Nov 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    At the start of the month I bought 360 and love it to bits... I want to keep it that way so I was quite surprised to discover that the wheels do not have any locking wheel nuts. I called up Verdi Ferrari and they said they have never seen a 360 with locking wheel nuts and they didn't think they even existed !?

Well even though I am a trusting kind of person I think it is tempting fate to leave the car parked in public (!) without some of the most basic security. Sure I have got a tracker fitted and I read in the manual the alarm has a tilt sensor but wheels surely should have some locking nuts on them. Has any other 360 owner on here got locking nuts or knows where to source some from?

Call me over paranoid but I have always had locking nuts fitted on every car i have ever owned and do not feel I should stop now just because I bought a ferrari...

Thanks,

Trev

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Trevor

They are wheel bolts as opposed to nuts, I've never seen any lockable/ security ones for sale. I beleive the PCD for the Wheel bolts is unique to Ferrari so one would hope there is less chance of theft!

3. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

I think it would be a little obvious to everyone if someone started trying to take the wheels of your car if it were left on the street... Either that.. or the person who decides to carry out such an act would have to be a complete d**k head.

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Damn! So it seems to be true then, no locking nuts.

My dream car is becoming more of a 'nightmare' than I originally anticipated. Just had a tracker fitted but I do not feel that comfortable parking it in public places (more from scum wanting to damage it than theft), it is also just becoming winter now so it is not really drivable in frost/wet. Put my foot down a bit from a standstill the otherday in the wet, back went sideway's a little (!) which was interesting... sigh, guess i'll keep driving the Lexus GS then and just wheel the 360 out for sunny weekend's... :(

Trev

5. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Trev,

I posted a similar question a while ago because one of the wheels on my 355 very nearly came off whilst I was driving it (!!). A scary moment which was due to a certain dealer not screwing the wheel back on properly. anyway, I started to think that someone had come into my drive and undone the bolts so I tried to find some locking ones. And they don't exist for the 355 either. I bought a good torque wrench and check them regularly - just in case.

Just one of those Ferrari quirks I guess!

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    John,

I really find this lack of security shocking actually. The worry is that with the popularity of ebay a tea leaf could now most probably sell this kind of stuff on with ease these days!

This Ferrari thing is really becoming a love/hate thing.. I new I should have bought an Aston Martin... well not really :) every time I see the 360 in the garage it makes me grin.

Trev