F430 Kreissieg Exhausts, Once again! | FerrariChat

F430 Kreissieg Exhausts, Once again!

Discussion in '360/430' started by F11, Nov 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Ok, I am going to get an exhaust system for my F430. I was thinking of getting the capristo because I have a capristo on my 360 now. But, everyone says that the Kreisseig is a much better Exhaust. Why does the Kreisseig cost $9,000? I want to know why the Kreisseig exhaust is so much better than capristo or tubi?

PS: It would be great if I could here from someone who owns one or knows someone who owns one.

2. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
  3. tako

tako Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
  4. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Hey Arling,
    I read that thread and someone (RobertWang430) (sp?) says that he had his ECU's tuned by Eurotek to have the CEL light go off permanently. First of all, is that advisable to do? Meaning, if the CEL light stays on, in order to turn it off some sensors need to be "shut down" correct? Is that safe as far as the car still being able to recognize any problem with the engine--that's what the CEL light is for but it comes on with emission issues as well. Is it possible to have the CEL light "turned off" by tuning the ECU's?

5. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Why would you spend $9K on a Kreissig? That exhaust has nothing to justify the price. Does it make more horsepower? No. Is it lighter? No. As a matter of fact, it has more issues with it than the competitors. I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would buy a Kreissig.

6. Shadowman

Shadowman Karting

Jun 4, 2005

It is not; Kreis-sieg is regualrly discussed that link simply displays as filtered elsewhere.

Takes care

Shadowman

7. Shadowman

Shadowman Karting

Jun 4, 2005
    Hi Clax:

In a similar vein folks make similar comments when discussing the cost of one car over another. There is no doubt that there is a subjective element here however setting those issues aside for the moment the Kreis-sieg system is one of the finest hand fabricated exhaust on the market. The fit and finish is first rate, the sound albeit subjective is fricken awesome, and the ability to flip a switch and go from OEM tones to the beast from heck is pretty cool.

As for more issues when compared to another brand; mechanically speaking I do not think that this is the case however politically speaking I agree. If anything my personal experience has been that they (Kreis-sieg) respond extremely quick to concerns and worked relentlessly to make the required/requested changes. Having shared this I too know that there are/were some issues between another firm and Kreis-sieg North America however my experience has been nothing but good.

So why you ask would someone purchase and install a Kreis-sieg exhaust on their Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc........ simply because it is one of the finest high end exhaust on the market and for some only the best will do.

Lastly; the HP gains with the various Kreis-sieg exhaust systems is well documented and they are modest claims to boot. And add to this I think that most if not all of the systems are significantly lighter than OEM systems.

To me it is sad that the questionable issues surrounding the Kreis-sieg exhaust systems has very little if anything to do with Kreis-sieg and are simply issues between a small groups of people.

Takes care

Shadowman

8. RobertWangF430

Sep 15, 2005
    Pompnao Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Robert Wang
    From my understanding the sensors were not turned off but adjusted for temperature changes via ECU maping so it is 100% safe.

9k for an exhaust once again I would pass.

9. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Flipping the switch will cause the car to lose horsepower. Yes, it will give you OEM tones, but it will also give you a loss of Horsepower. I have Dynos for anyone interested. It's eye candy to the buyers.

Weazel

10. oneFerrari

oneFerrari Rookie

Nov 14, 2005
    wait, I just put a Kreissieg system on my 430 recently, and I don't feel any power loss..? even though kreissieg guys told me that in the silent mode (closed state), I will not gain power and also possible to loose any power but really, I don’t feel any loss in power. And even if it does, I am rather careless because the system is not designed to gain power in silent mode. When it is on silent mode, car is actually quieter than stock sound, which makes me happy since I thought it was a little too loud to drive in my neighborhood at nighttime or Sunday morning with stock muffler.

But don’t be fooled, guys. When I am in F-1 mode, this car rocks!!
    When I drive hard, I pretty much put it on the F1 mode (Open mode) and I am absolutely feeling its power and sound. Sound is just amazing, especially when I downshift. This thing is just unbelievable! As someone up in the thread talked about, I do feel a lot quicker in throttle response as well as in acceleration. If you have questions, feel free to ask me, I have had this system a little over a month now and no problems so far. and Yes, it is expensive system, but I do not regret this purchase since I am having so much fun fooling around with on and off switch. Jeez.. do I sound like a kid or what… haha :)

11. oneFerrari

oneFerrari Rookie

Nov 14, 2005
    there are supposedly few more guys in my town with this exhaust, I might ask them what they think about the system when I meet them - which is very obvious and share with you guys.

12. FFerrari

FFerrari Rookie

Nov 15, 2005
    I think I saw you. Didn't I see you on 90/94 highway on friday?
    I was driving my CLS55 and I came up next to you.
    The second, I pulled up next to you, with insane amount of explosive? sound, you drove away. What a sound! I have to see your car sometime, very nice, oneFerrari. I also have a 430 myself, just picked it up as well. You got a PM from me.