Need some help!!! | FerrariChat

Need some help!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by viper, Nov 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    Ok guys, I need some advice. This DID NOT happen to my ferrari, but another high end car of mine. I came home after 4 weeks of vacation and found out that my window was open and sunroof was open. I called the car dealer to send someone out because the car did not start. For your information, the car is still under warranty. The road side assistance came out and said that he noticed 2 inches of water in the cup holder. He then hooked the car up to a battery charger and said that the seats were going crazy. He then said water got into the car and would have to call the service manager. The service manager then called me back and said that they would not touch the car. They said to call my insurance company.
    My question is, #1 what will the insurance company do? #2 what would my bill be if I repaired this car (imagine a high end jaguar, BMW, or mercedes). Is the car totaled? Thank you for your advice.

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    It might help to know what kind of of a car but that would be a guess

3. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    i ll give ya, 1500 cash for the car. site unseen....

4. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    I imagine insurance would step up to the bat. This car you are talking about might be a BMW E65 series? I've read where the windows and other strange things like that happens on it's own with those cars. Do some research and the dealer may have to foot the bill if it's a car defect. I've even heard of other autos doing the same too. That sucks.

5. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    Ok, I just have to come out and say it. The car is a Mercedes G55. Thank you everyone for helpful advice.

6. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    No one here can tell you if your car is total when you seats are going crazy - that's all the insurance company.

7. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    The dealership wont touch it cause its not a warranty issue. The insurance company will/should cover it under water damage; depending on what type of coverage you have for the car.

Best of luck

Antony