What do you guys think of this? | FerrariChat

What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by paulnwgb, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Hey all

I'm now settled in the US, and have sold my car via sale or return.

However, bit of an issue has cropped up. I told the guys selling it, that I wanted to walk away with 7k, after paying off the settlement to Maranello Finance.

A few days later, the dealer calls me to tell me they have sold the car, and I have 3k coming back to me.

When I asked what happened to the other 4k, the dealer tells me that Maranello Finance provided him the wrong settlement figure, and that after paying the correct figure, I get 3k, not 7k.

To be honest, I was going to let it go, but other issues (namely it taking an age for me to get the 3k - in fact, I still don't have it all) have bought it to a head.

A lawyer friend tells me I may have a case against Maranello Finance - but what do you guys think?

I'm missing the driveouts with you guys already!

Cheers
    Paul

2. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Paul,

did you not get a settlement figure direct from Maranello finance when you trusted the car to the dealer for sale? that way you would be sure what your start point was on the finance agreement and any further payments against the agreement whilst the car was waiting to be sold would be easy to work out - in fact i'm sure Maranello would tell you what the monthly interest charge would be on your agreement. To be £4k adrift of what you expected is not a nice surprise.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Lawyer fees could easily swallow the £ 4000 but .....

If they are not sending the money and not providing evidence for the figures either the logical assumption is they are hiding something - is it a franchise dealer who sold it ? surely they can be leant on (perhaps a lawyers threat) to justify the situation - or else

Just possibly as said below the time taken to sell has racked up more interest to be deducted - tho' it might have been nice to be told

4. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Nah, he'd do it for free for me :)

No, it wasn't a franchised dealer - was an independent. I've asked him for a copy of the (inaccurate) settlement statement from Maranello.

Nah - only 48 hours passed between obtaining the settlement figure and the selling of the car. I'd have to have a fleet of Enzos on financing to make that much of a difference :)

Cheers
    Paul

5. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    I didn't. I was in the middle of emigrating - in fact, I was in the US before the car was sold. The dealer asked me for the agreement number with Maranello and he'd take care of it all.

Looking back on it, I wish I'd handled it myself and sold it privately - the whole thing has been hassle. The whole point of going SOR for me was to eliminate that hassle as I had far too much on my plate :(

The car was sold about 7-8 weeks ago and I still find myself having to e-mail the dealer to get part of the money I am owed :(

Cheers
    Paul

6. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Can't offer any advice Paul, Just wanted to say Wotcher, long time no see, etc.....;)

7. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    mmmmmm!!!!! i could always go and pay a visit for a small fee of course!! LOL

8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    are Maranellos finance arm are still outsourced? used to be capital bank / hbos in chester, you may want to ask them what they quoted, they DO keep records of the phone conversations and any figures they churn out of the finance apps.