Range Rover S by Arden. | FerrariChat

Range Rover S by Arden.

Discussion in 'British' started by Fan512bbi, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #1 Fan512bbi, Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The new Range Rover Sport, styled by Arden, expresses power and dynamism. Passive safety improved by the day driving lights, which are integrated in the new designed front spoiler. The additional cooler is protected against stone chips by the handcrafted stainless steel front grilles, manufactured in exclusive Arden meshwork.

The chromed door sills are also available with integrated ground lights, for illumination of the entry area.

The high performance exhaust system with its´ 4 chromed tail pipes is integrated by the rear apron, which also completes the powerful and dynamic appearance.

The 3-piece forged wheels, available in 22" and 23", in Arden Sportline Design are manufactured in OEM quality and are reserved for the exclusive Arden Jaguar and Range Rover models.

The stainless steel sport rear muffler delights with it's powerful and typical V8 sound. If requested the exhaust can be upgraded to a complete high performance exhaust system with sport catalytic converters. This system offers a discernible power and torque increase.

The 4.5 Arden Supercharged engine, which is well known from the various Jaguar models, improves its power and potential also in the New Range Rover Sport.

With it's approximately 480 hp and 640 Nm max. torque, the Range Rover Sport accelerates from 0-100 km/h in less than 7 seconds. The max speed is approx 250 km/h.

The interior, which can be upgraded with sporty carbon or elegant wooden parts, is especially personalized with leather or Alcantara.

The Arden Entertainment system offers the passengers high end video entertainment, for DVD´s, video games and the new digital TV.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I disapprove.

3. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Why mate? i like everything about it, i think it looks great without being over the top.

4. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Because SUVs and light trucks are the "anti-car". True driving enthusiasts loath these things, for good reason.

5. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Here in the UK we need cars like this just to clear some speed bumps.

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    #6 racerx, Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    No you don't. Show me a speed bump that a car can't drive over. Anyhow, it has no more ground clearance than a regular saloon thanks to that body kit, which is why it's so lame.

8. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Jeremy Clarkson changed his route to the BBC offices because his Ford GT was to low for a number of speed bumps on his normal route.

9. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    If only you could see my face right now.

So, because an exotic sports car has to change routes to get somewhere, not that they can't get somwhere, people NEED an over priced, over powered, sports lost it's utility vehicle. Doesn't make sense. These "SUVs" are ridiculous.

10. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    You said any car in your post, so you dont like SUV's take it up with the makers not me, we all like different things and i happen to like this Range Rover, if you have a problem with that please keep it to yourself, i liked this car so i thought that i would share the details here for you guys to see, not to get into an argument with you.

11. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I didn't say any car, I said a car. As in no car, so it is neccesary to have an SUV, as you suggested.

P.S
    This is an internet forum, it's all about presenting ones opinions, especially with comments like

12. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I think we will agree to disagree on this one.

13. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I don't like the tacked on body panels.

Mind you my winter driver is a MKIII, and I used to have a MKII, so its not the essence I am against, just the tacked on body work on this one.

14. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Shiggins, I'm in your camp on this one. SUVs suck up resources that used to go towards making, fun, cool cars.

Instead huge trucks are duct taped and jury rigged together to even approach the performance of an average family sedan.