355 rotors | FerrariChat

355 rotors

Discussion in '348/355' started by f355b, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
  2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Have you considered Girodisc? They are a sponsor and have 2 piece floating rotors that are slotted rather than drilled, weigh less and cost less.

They are great to do business with. I have installed several sets on customer cars and so far everyone is very happy.

3. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    i did check there website but didnt see any 355 rotors. i'll email them thanks

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Both look very nice.

OR, you could just get stock OEM Brembo rotors from any Brembo dealer. If you shop around, should be less than $200 apiece.

BTW, drilled rotors are pure marketing - you'll never see any benefits on your street car, AND they won't last as long. Vented? Absolutely. Slotted? Sure, if it's not too much more money. But don't bother with drilled.

Just my $.02.

vty,

--Dennis

5. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    No joy with Girodisc, any other ideas? thanks

6. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    Hello Perry,

I tried e-mailing you a response to your requests but kept getting them bumped back. We curently don't offer any replacement rotors for the 355 as there hasn't been much demand. We are working on validating our big brake upgrade package for these and should have some info in the near future.

Martin

7. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    thanks Martin, i did get one email and sent you a thank you back, i dont really want or need to spend a lot as i dont track the car and really dont drive that crazy......anymore!. i did replace the pads with R4-S and also the braided hoses and think the stock rotors are fine, only problem i have is the right front rotor after skimming is very hard on the outside edge and you can some times here a slight noise the cars a 95 so iam looking to replace a few bits i did cats exhaust etc and now doing rotors and tires. i dont mind the stock brembos but they are just very heavy and yours look really nice. anyway thanks for info and please keep me up.