Ferrar Host marque at Classic Adelaide 2005 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrar Host marque at Classic Adelaide 2005

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Doug WG, Jul 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    I was told the entrants will assemble at Adelaide Showground at around 2.45pm on Thursday 17 for mechanical checks etc - is this info reliable?

2. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

having spent the morning doing documantation and scrutineering, its any wonder the event actually takes off,

documentation was akin to lining up at a detention centre and awaiting.

scrutineering was having a woman ask where's the motor in this thing, and turn on the lights and indicators, then ok go, --but what about the extinguisher and helmets and seat belts and and and ------and they say dunno.

then the safety briefing,
    great the video was made in 1971, very current data on life saving stuff.
    learn this cos its handy,

people die because 1. they dont breathe
    2. the heart has stopped pumping
    3. they have a leak (bleeding)

and to remedy this 1. mouth to mouth
    2. pound the chest
    3. plug up the leak with your finger.
    derrrrrrrrrrrrrr, in this wonderful litigious world i can see so many entrants doing this.

in answer to your question, i shall give u the official response from this morning........................................dunno

3. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    Just had a stroll down to the hilton at lunch, the tent on the vic square lawn holds some nice beauties. was supprised to see a 333sp there (my fav ferrari) an f40 and plenty of others. im not up to speed with the classic f cars but a couple went for a spin while i was there pretty amazing sight.

no pics, might bring camera in tommorow.

cheers
    -Pete

4. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah i went past on sunday just as there were about 30 ferraris and other stuff arriving, nuts!

5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

dont u mean bolts

6. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    Beautifull.

"enuf said"

Cheers
    -Pete

7. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    Whos heading to vic park this arvo for the proluge event? i will be down there. from 330. be good to see the earlier events but have to work :-(

Questions?
    Are the f50 and 333sp competing at all as they arent on any of the entry list that i can see. only the f40 is in there.

Also is there a parade or something going through town? heard a rumour there is at lunch time or something...

Cheers
    -Pete

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Not sure about the F50 and 333SP competing. I do believe they (along with the 550GTC) will be in the parade, which goes down King William St. and onto Wakefield St., starting between 12:30 and 1pm.

9. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    cool, i'll be in north adelaide for lunch but might try and catch the cavalcade and head down to the racecourse later in the arvo. dam fergot to bring my camera! :( but might drag along a dude with a digital SLR...

10. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I got to shake Goober's hand at the Torrens Parade Ground. :)

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    don't you mean Ash's :D

Also, where are some pictures of the GT4 from Brisbane ?

It's got a few parts from my car in it (bumper, oil cooler, wheels..)

Brenden is driving it and he's mad as a meataxe so should be fun to watch :)

12. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    I went down to the parade grounds...quite a sight watching them all turn onto king william st, the f40 f50 288gto and xj220 were pretty surreall...

will be heading down to the vic park track this arvo.

Mark would have said hello but i wouldnt know what you look like without the yellow beast there :)

Cheers
    -Pete

13. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    guys i was having lunch with were late :mad: so by the time we got near king willy street the evo's and magnas tailing up the field were going by, we only JUST caught a glimpse of some red stuff going by :mad: :mad:

oh well i'll head down to the racecourse and see what's up, watch goober/myself go round and round...

14. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    did you wash your hands afterwards? :D

15. F40LMGTC

F40LMGTC Formula 3

Mar 15, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    GIL MATTHEWS
    some of these cars are coming to Melbourne to go to Tassie. Does anyone know how many and which cars are coming to Melbourne?

16. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    just went down for a look-see. was nice just walking along and seeing a 360, then 550, then a bunch of other cars (porkers, mg's etc) then an F40, then an XJ220, then.... well, all lined up for a squirt around the racecourse. :)

F40 didn't really give it any stick, neither did the XJ220 for that matter, but that thing only has delivery miles on it apparently.

ran into goober, his GT4 was parked between Kasperski's 355 Spider, the XJ220, a 288 GTO and and a dino 246.

also saw a black Countach do some laps... sounds awesome.

no camera! :(

17. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    some pivs from the torrens parade ground, the 288 GTO was bought in London last month for 1,000,000 aussie dollars, but then it is the ducks guts

18. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    along with those invisible pics, what about the other ones disapproved by the constabulary...?

19. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, what a day - I'm exhausted. We had over 350 cars come to do the Prologue; as it is, we finished 15 minutes overtime (at 8pm, having started a good 6 hours earlier) and still had 20+ cars that had yet to run.

I was right down next to the Stage Commander helping to launch the cars, and watching out for oncoming traffic passing through the Senna Chicane.

I have footage from right next to the 333SP and 550 GTC as they took off. Absolutely stunning sound. The 550 left huge tyre marks for a good 30 metres as it launched.

My other videos show the 288GTO, F40, XJ220, Ford GT40, 355 Spider and 360 Modena as they took off to do their Prologue laps.

20. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

It wouldn't be $1 mill Australian, even if it was fully tax paid here.
    I personally think they are fabulous; but the market rates them below the F40 in value. We have 2 road F40's for sale in Melbourne at $640k and $720k duty paid asking price, to give you an idea.

21. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i didn't even notice it sitting 10 feet away though!! wasn't till goober pointed it out and i saw the details that i realized what it was, and he got the owner to pop the lid for us to check out too, sweet.

22. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    The XJ220 only had 200 miles on the clock. When we drove it from the Showgrounds to Victoria Park on Sunday, the thing stunk of clutch, and the brake was "on / off" - the fluid has probably never been changed. Definately a garage queen.

23. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks for the photo's, looks like there were some interesting cars to check out.
    The job may not make Mr Simonsen rich; but it sure has it's perks :)

The F50 sounds like a truck at low revs, just like mine does. Listening to that, it's hard to believe how good they sound at full noise.

Was that 288 running right? It sounded pretty awful when it was idiling? I would have loved to have seen it up close, as the only one that I have seen is Fox's car. A 288 GTO is one of the cars on my list for the future. I believe that they are under-rated and under-valued at the moment.

The 333SP sounded like it had pretty angry engine management for low speed running at Phillip Island. I imagine the use it saw in Adelaide wouldn't have been much fun in the drivers seat.