Anyone ever use Fix-a-flat? TIA. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone ever use Fix-a-flat? TIA.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Tifoso1, Nov 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

You are correct that the system is not a Ferrari only system, it is made by Beru and I am sure it is used in several other makes as well. However as to your assertion that Ferrari is the intellectual inferior to any German manufacturer all I can say is that they are quoting the manufacturers (Beru a German company) warning about sensor damage. A failure that is well known in the Ferrari business. In my direct experience as well as the cars that were serviced by other dealers that I had heard about, the cars suffered a 100% failure of the sensors subsequent to the usage to fix a flat. While I know that is not a huge sampling I suspect it is greater than yours.

While you were making comments about the positive utility of fix a flat based on ? I was making information known based on real life information that I feel should be taken into account when a flat tire is experienced and one is weighing ones options on how to proceed.

My point was simple. Your statement about sensor damage was wrong and I felt people could possibly benefit from the correct information. My direct source was Ferrari, a company not perfect but at the same time our primary source for information that enables us to keep their cars going.

2. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    430's come with a "fix a flat" type can and a compressor. Hopefully I'll never have to use it but if I do, I will replace the tire ASAP for safety sake, becuase, as stated above, they loose their speed rating once plugged.

Dave

3. mhm4223

mhm4223 Rookie

Nov 14, 2004
    Perrineville, MJ
    Full Name:
    Michael Merkin
    It's like putting a band aid on a hemorrage. Extremely messy, highly explosive, causes tires to be out of balance, and only should be used as last option. A royal pain if you are the tire guy.

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I used it on my rx8 that had tire sensors, no issues at all.