Bahrain GP | FerrariChat

Bahrain GP

Discussion in 'F1' started by JStone414, Nov 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    I'm thinking about going to th Bahrain GP this year. Wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation on which section I should purchase my seats for? This will be my first Grand Prix ever. Should I sit in the main section or by one of the turns or other straights?

Any recommendations n where to stay in Bahrain? Thanks in advance!

2. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    You'll be very lucky if you find anywhere to stay in Bahrain at this late date. Lots of people stay in Dubai and fly in for the race.

3. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    that's what I've been seeing. So you would recommend flying in just the day of the race?

any section that i should sit in?

4. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    I went to the Bahrain GP last year, and it was an amazing experience....a great race, and I also got to see Kimi Raikonen. As for places to stay, good luck this late in the year. There are people that actually rent out rooms in their house, but look at paying upwards of $600 a night. If you know someone who is military in your immediate family, maybe see if there is some way they can arrange for you to stay on base, but with threat condition and everything that might be difficult. Generally any hotel in Bahrain will be nice for the most part, some are just in not as nice of an area. As for seating, last year we sat in the first university grandstand. It was a great view, and great for pictures, with relatively cheap tickets (I think we paid BD80 each for 3 days). However, my friend and his dad usually go to the Oasis stand and they like it there as well. Also, Oasis is closer to the main area with food, shopping, etc, and it will be very hot during the race. If you have any questions, PM me.

5. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    As for flying in from Dubai, there are a lot of people that do that. No personal experience with it, but book your flight now. My mom is still living there as well, so she might have an idea on where to stay.

6. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Thank you! In a meeting right now but will PM you in a bit. I appreciate the advice!

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Just curious, but why would you chose Bahrain as your first F1 race? From my understanding there is not as much to do there as in Western venues, unless you're personal friends with one of the Princes or Sheikhs and with terrorism as it is at this time, why take an unneceassy chance. I note you live in NY...so, The GP of Canada in Montreal would be a great choice...I went a few years back and had a blast. Or, better yet, The GP of Italy or Monaco?

8. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Good question. I was supposed to go to Monaco two years ago but I was graduating from college and it wasn't going to work out. Was supposed to go to Montreal last year but was working on a project out of town for work and couldn't make it. Thus, Bahrain. I've wanted to go to Dubai so why not go around the weekend of the Bahrain GP? I hope that makes some sense. Definitely want to make it to Montreal this year. Potentially one of the euro GPs as well if I'm out in Italy in the spring time visiting friends

9. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    I would say that at this "late" date, you should make your Dubai bookings asap. I was there for the GP last year and even though they have had such a huge hotel boom, there were absolutely NO rooms available at the nicer places.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I suppose Jstone414 just learned one of the first rules when it comes to F1 GP travel: Book early. Doesn't matter what city we're talking. Hotels sell out quickly.

Anyway, good luck with your trip. I guarantee you will be blown away by the sounds of the cars. Nothing like seeing them for real. TV doesn't even come close.

11. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Booking it as we speak. Will fly from Dubai for the day.

Lesson One learned.....BOOK EARLY!!!

One more question everyone, purchasing my seats later today

any section recommendation? Not worried about price, but then again don't want to overpay for a seat if there is a better "value" in another section

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I've never been to Bahrain, but as a generic rule: You get what you pay for. The grandstand s/f line seats are usually the most expensive one because they show you the most action including the pit action. So if you have never been to a GP, I'd recommend those regardless.

Aside from those I'd look for a section where you can see cars from various angles and/or parts of the track. One of the good sides of Tilke's track designs is that he builds them with the spectator in mind. That is in stark contrast to the classic tracks where you often see the cars just zooming by right to left (e.g. Monza).

13. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    you are a HUGE help. Thank you so much for the response Grandstand it is, I can't wait.