Sad news out of LFSC | FerrariChat

Sad news out of LFSC

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Lee and Drexler, the service managers are no longer working at Lake Forest Sports Cars. I talked directly to one of them. One left for political reasons and one was asked to leave.
    Truly sad. Both were consumate professionals, made me (self described plankton in the sea of big fish customers @ LFSC) feel like a VIP. They both went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to getting things done.
    This can not be good for their service departmet.

2. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Spike, what happened??? They were very nice. PM me if you don't want to post on here. Did the sales staff leave to? Did they go to Continental???

3. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I heard that as well?

What the hell is going on over there? Those guys were great I cannot see why this happen. Something does not sound right. If anyone has the scoop on this please shoot me a PM.

Thanks.
    Vince

4. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Boycott!

5. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Drex was always a great guy always let us non-buying customers talk to the mechanics back in the service area. Lee on the other hand.... i'm glad hes gone. He was a very rude individual to a friend and I for no reason.

-Mike

6. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    I find it hard to believe Lee was ever rude to you. I am a 17 year old and Lee has always been overly accomadating. More of a friend than anything. I also have seen him be overly courteous to less then proper customers. I would like to hear specifics too if anyone has heard. If you ask me, it's complete bull****. Lee, and Im sure Drex as well, were assets. I remember him telling me how much he loves the job. It hurts my perceptions of LFSC a great deal even though there are still some good guys there.

7. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    i'm 21 but look younger and was treated poorly by him and have not returned there since. They have lost a future customer as a result. Not a very wise business plan.

-Mike

as to what happened I was in with a friend and we are talking to a few mechanics in the service area, he was showing us how he located an oil leak on a f50 that was in for service. We had brought our cameras with and upon noticing them Lee told us not to take pictures that included plates. We had been in several times before and let Lee know that Drex had informed us already. We chatted for awhile and took some pics and upon returning from else where Lee asked us quite rudely if "we were about done yet" givin us a rude stare. I'm not a moron. I can handle simple instructions like dont take pics of plates. I guess he didn't realize I could function properly and asked us to leave. And cubbyman. There's no need for language in your post as it only exemplifies the fact that your 17. This happened over a year ago so its old news.

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    I found out about Drexel leaving when I was there like a month ago and then like 2-3 weeks later I called and was told Lee and Jimmy were gone as well.
    Jimmy said Drexel moved south and now Jimmy in parts is gone as well..
    All three knew me by voice when I called and all three worked with me wonderfully when I needed things.
    They will be missed.
    Chelle

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Easilly one of the most classy people you can meet. Regardless of his profession in the exotic car business, he displayed such a warm open manner to anyone who came into the doors of that museum like dealer. I respect LFSC tremendously and do not know the details of yet, but Lee's absense from anything I think is negative. Always friendly, caring and even tried to pull things for me that was above and beyond the call of duty or S.O.P. ( ie: checking for special warranty privalages knowing my monetary budget was limited. ) If I had more exposure and luck in the world of high end money, most likely I would have trusted this man with all my car needs and opinions. I hope he finds nothing but absolute happiness in his new line of work.

RocketBoy

10. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If it makes you guys unhappy that these people are gone, why not show LFSC that by no longer doing business with them?

11. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Dude,

You were a 20 year old KID off the street taking pictures of an F50 and back in the service bay talking to the mechanics. I have to question what the FOCH they were thinking letting you "hang out" back there anyway??? Think about it. You are back there with a camera taking pics. He explained to you that you were not to take pics of license plates. Then you told him you were already aware of the rule..........

Which probably got him thinking, "They already KNOW that we don't LOVE for people to be taking pics back here since they COULD take them of customer's plates/steal stuff/get HURT/etc. Then you continued to "hang around" after you had worn out your welcome. And to quote you, you said you had been there before "a few times" and stayed and talked to the mechanics "for awhile". So he already had given you a look and now finally had to COME BACK and ask if you guys were about done.

All he knew of you was that you were two 20 year old KIDS screwing around in the back wasting his mechanic's billable hours (which is around $125, just so you know).

They run a business. You won't be a "customer" of theirs for probably 10 years at BEST. I say this because I am one of the youngest Ferrari owners on FerrariChat and I am 29. Then you will probably buy a "starter Ferrari" from them. A 308 or 328. Forgetting about appreciation, you will probably pay less than $40K. So they might make $4000 or so off of you. And that is IF you buy a Ferrari FROM THEM when you get that age.

Since he didn't know you from Adam, statistics show that there is a good chance that NONE of the above-scenario will EVER happen.......

Are you worth the perceived risk to him, LFSC, and his CUSTOMER??? Hell no you aren't.

If I was a customer, I would be pissed if LFSC was letting kids screw around, taking pictures of my car (and maybe my plates), and shoot the breeze, all while the mechanic is on the clock and I am paying the fricken bill!!!!!!!!

Think about what you said to "cubby" about how his remarks exemplify how young HE is. Now think about YOURSELF next time and how it "exemplifies" how young YOU are...........

This is the very reason that the Vegas Dealership charges at the door and simply doesn't put up with crap. And they are doing "alright" last I checked...If you want a "museum" where you can stay as long as you want and snap all the pics in the world, go to Vegas and pay up sucka..........

Lost a future customer........yawn..........

I normally wouldn't go as far as I did in this post, but when you are smearing another guy's name (that other seemed to think did a pretty good job) and are in the wrong, you need to be put in check.......

12. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Huskerbill, I wouldn't give this guy too much guff, you never know if he'll be the next young internet entrepreneur with a billion dollars in stock. Most of those guys were very young. I was 29 when I got my first F-car as well, and it's no big deal, there are younger owners on here. Surely then his first car won't be a 308 or 328, it will most likely be an Enzo, and then you wont get a ride because you were mean to him!

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

In 10 years from now, I will take my chances. Maybe I will have my OWN Enzo by then. Beside I already know someone who owned one and has already grown tired enough of it to sell.

I already looked at his profile. He works at Best Buy and is 21. I worked at Best Buy when I was 19 and had already moved onto better things. So if he tracks along the same route as I, he would have his first Ferrari at the age of 31.....

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would catch up to the obvious lead I had on him at that age....... ;-)

By the way, if you see a younger owner than me, point him out. Cause I haven't seen any...... I know Rocketboy and I are close. He may be a bit younger. Don't remember. But he doesn't count, cause he and I have already talked... ;-)

By the way, how is that 308 of yours that I wished you would have still had for sale when I was looking??? And how is that TR??

14. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    I was 25 when I picked up my 360 Spider, just turned 28.

15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I know a guy who services his F40 @ LFSC, and he is a high strung, high maintenance, and would have put up a big stink if it was his car you were looking at / taking pics of. So, I would imagine they have to be careful. How would you explain to Michael Jordan that someone dropped their camera on one of his F430s (he has 2- both from LFSC) while it was being serviced?

My son (3 y/o) gets very upset if his black Ferrari shirt (that Lee gave him one day, free of charge) is in the laundry....

16. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Regarding Lee...

My sentiments exactly!
    He once gave my his cell #, said if I wanted my car out on Sunday, he'd come and open the place for me.
    Very surprising....
    Will be interesting to see if others leave. Joe works on my car, I'm anxious to talk to him.

17. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    RATS!!!

;-)

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Bret owned his 308 at 17
    Peter got his GT4 at 20 I think
    Dan had his 550 in his early 20s.

Me, I was a latecomer at 34, but I also spent 10 years bumming around in college :D

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Blue golf shirts for everyone!!!

Oh, and since most posters here are probably in the economic top 1%, I feel safe expressing my opinions freely without worrying that a current Best Buy employee might be the next Bill Gates, and even so, why would I care?

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You guys make me feel really old. And a failure. :(

21. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    The Vegas dealership charges admission at the door!!!!????

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not that I heard that, but I'd say not a bad idea. Too many tourists. I can understand that.

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Yep, $10 for the one at Wynn. Just had a co-worker come back from a trip out there. He said it's quite the show, and the service bay has glass walls to watch the work being done. The $10 didn't bug him.

(BTW, hope y'all don't mind me posting here, Chicago just happens to be one of the regional forums I watch due to the personalities)

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ten bucks sounds fair enough to part the crowds a bit.

Happy to have you on here Tillman. Somewhat surprised that we have "personalities" here. I thought they'd all hang out in P&R and other regions.

25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I had you beat by two years, it was either 25 or 26. It started off kind of strange as I just bought my first car, the H2, and was living on my own returning from FLA. As many already know, as I was just getting back into Chicago style of life, I simply looked into the bank account of what was given to me from departed family and savings of my own. I never had to pay a dime for school so for most twenty something year olds I was in great shape and continue to say prayers of thanks for it today. I wanted to stick to the American route and started to look up the new Vipers, even getting a local dealer to pretty much secure one for me. Dad had a scare of serious injuries and thought his sports car days were over and I joked I would buy his Maranello. Two years later I met my wife to be and with a new home, wedding bills, all the other jazz of growing up as a responsible for others adult, well, no more Ferrari.

Throughout all the time I was crunching numbers Lee helped me out. As I mentioned, I had some problems with the car and he would secure me seasonal pricing and check to see if the parts I needed were covered under warranty even though the car wasn't because it was purchased at an independent dealer. I have no hesitation in calling him a friend and would share emails with him just to wish his family well. A good guy...

Joe and John are class acts too. Joe is an older gentleman who is the F40 and classic racer expert. Always greeted me with a smile and when I bit the huge $1300 oil change promised me with an evil grin that my car would be taken care of with "extra care." John is just a nice man, while zipping from bay to bay would still look up to see me at the waiting area and ask me how business was and would be glad to share personal stories of his horse collecting. But Lee was always my favorite and it will be odd if I were to go back there and not have him treat me, and everyone else in the world I saw, with just simple warm enthusiasm.

RocketBoy