Ferrari Uk no longer export parts?? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Uk no longer export parts??

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fengtau, Nov 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Is it true Ferrari Uk not allowed to export parts for the newer cars (eg 355,360,456,550,430)out from the UK?If this true,bad news for me ...

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Why not ask them?

As far as I'm aware, Ferrari UK's classic parts team distribute parts for cars older than 10 years old (pre 348) worldwide.

If you don't have a local Ferrari dealer to get parts from, I'm sure they will still ship to you (just not through the classic parts team)

If you want more advice on parts availabilty around Asia you may want to ask the guys in the Asian forum

3. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Whew! The thread title had me going for a minute....

4. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Yes "technically" that's correct you are supposed to buy parts from your nearest dealer / importer, however the "goalposts" are always moving !!

If you desperately need a part and your dealer / importer doesn't have the part, sometimes we can help.

5. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    The thing is,sometimes,local dealer never ever supply parts if the car not in their workshop.This is about the parts price too...

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You are confusing NORMAL parts support with CLASSIC parts support I believe....

ANY worldwide Ferrari Dealer should be able to support a modern car.

FerrariUK is the designated WORLDWIDE support for any car over 20 (25 maybe?) years of age, where the Factory has sent them basically 100% of the New Old Stock, as well as authorization to REFabricate replica items, which in my mind is the huge part....

Anyway that makes them responsible for the 308s, and Boxers on back, with the TR and 348 series nearing the same status.

The parts diagrams available are pure gold to me.....just to be able to get the numbers and check for updated design features.

Now go upstairs and finish organizing those 308 interior trim parts!!!!!!!! LOL!

Mine need freshening...one black....one cream.........

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Really no need to go thru all that on moden parts, as the exchange rate is terrible (not their fault by any means) and then shipping costs, import duties (terrible on some 'protected' items such as bearings) and whatnot make it CHEAPER to go thru normal channels.

And NORMAL Ferrari channels are best described as 'glacial' in speed.

Frustrating, I know, when your baby is up on the blocks......

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hans, I have NEVER encoutered such a thing as you say here...

The FNA Ferrari of Houston dealership has ALWAYS helped me with 308GTB restoration parts.....it's just that many of them, having been removed from Factory inventory as cited above, are labeled 'No Longer Available'...

Sorry to hear you have had such troubles.....

9. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  10. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    What can I say Bubba.Diferent country with different dealer with different protocol.

11. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Mark,
    Great input!Thanks mate.

Regards
    Hans

12. yasmin

yasmin Formula Junior

Ferrari UK never helped me in the past with my 246.
    I had to have the parts paid for by friends in the UK because they wouldn't accept overseas Visa numbers nor would they ship to Aus.

The process worked OK, but was a pain in the #@ss.

13. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Graham,

Surprised we couldn't help you, we ship reguarly to Australia to many Fchat customers as well as regular owners, and we accept ALL types of payment apart from paypal.

If you are eve rstuck for a part e-mail me the part / part number and I will see if we can help.