The new Audi R8 Will be made | FerrariChat

The new Audi R8 Will be made

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Ferrarispeed28, Nov 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarispeed28

Ferrarispeed28 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    NY/AZ
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #1 Ferrarispeed28, Nov 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was on germancarfans.com and read how the new Audi R8 will be made. Its sounds like an intresting car and I think the audi technology is pretty solid. Will this car have any similiar parts that are on the Gallardo? Also it didn't mention price, so I guess well wait and see.

What are everyone's thoughts on this car? It kinda even look like the new Bugatti Veyron 16.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi Le Mans Quattro Concept Approved for Production

It is now official: the new Audi sports car will be called the Audi R8. Presented as the "Le Mans quattro" concept study two years ago at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show, Audi has now taken the decision to build its new sports car. Everything is already being prepared for the series production of the R8 at Audi's plant in Neckarsulm, due to commence in the fourth quarter of 2006. The market launch in the U.S. is scheduled for mid-2007.

28 million euros are being invested in the R8 production line. The Audi subsidiary quattro GmbH will be responsible for production. Development and test construction at quattro GmbH and technical development at AUDI AG are currently in full swing. 250 employees will work on the production of the R8.

"Through the R8 we are looking to build on our successes in motorsport and carry them over to series production. This model represents Audi's very own interpretation of sportiness," says Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of AUDI AG, about the new member of the Audi model range.

Audi is relying on intelligent lightweight design for its R8, a core area of expertise in Neckarsulm. The Audi A2, A6 and A8 were all developed at the Aluminium Centre there using lightweight design technology.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Though neither its price tag nor performance may approach the Veyron, the Audi looks 100 times better in my book.

3. Ferrarispeed28

Ferrarispeed28 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    NY/AZ
    Full Name:
    Evan
    the part about the price is definetely true! I feel Audi is a little slow when it comes out with a trendy car like they will finally have an SUV in 2007 and then this. They want to catch on with the Ford GT and all the others. Do you think there will be to much compeition between competing cars and that people will want another car like this?

4. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    The idea of Audi making its own supercar is great, the looks, well, I wouldn't buy one - its ugly!

5. Ferrarispeed28

Ferrarispeed28 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    NY/AZ
    Full Name:
    Evan

I agree... its a bit strange looking... I do love the Bugatti though.. the front part is pretty fierce looking but not for what they are charging.

6. jet190rs

jet190rs Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rich C.
    Yes. The whole car is based on the Gallardo. It will have a detuned version of the G's V10, around 450hp.