Enzo #400 built for the Pope | FerrariChat

Enzo #400 built for the Pope

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Exoticar Auto, Nov 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
  2. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I thought 400 was for a hurricane charity or some kind of fund raising

3. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    No owner on the Enzo register

4. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    The line before the last says built for pope johm paul ll and something else,cant make it out.

5. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    nice CLK-GTR in the background there.

also, good eyes on the Pope John Paul II there. i had to get an inch away from my monitor to read that part

6. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    ...what the hell would he want this for? to track it?:)

7. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    On 17th January 2005, all the members of the Scuderia Ferrari went to Rome and met the Pope who blessed all of them. Luca de
    Montezemolo presented the Pope with the 400th and last Enzo. After having thanked the Scuderia, the Pope asked them to sell the car for
    the benefit of Caritas. Sotheby’s is proud to carry out those instructions today.

Sold at Sotheby's June 28th 2005 auction Maranello.

Lot#131 2005 Ferrrai Enzo, S/N ZFFCZ56B000141920 Sold $1,282,987 including commission. Proceeds to the Caritas Charity, at the instigation of His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

8. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    Whats with the spoiler and the underbody thingy? Is it unpainted carbon? Looks good in isolation but doesn't really do it for me. But what the heck, I don't even own one, (yet) good on the driver for buying one just thrash the hell out of that V12, let the whole world hear and see that awe-inspiring machine driven in anger.

God that thing looks so awesome..in NZ there was this rubbish program on TV awhile ago which I think was filmed in the US and they rated the Enzo as only number 5 on the list of their top ten 'sports cars.' I was infuriated with their decision but I couldve seen it coming when the guy says one of the Enzos shortcomings as its 'inaccessible pricetag.' They also ranted on about its looks which are apparently not as good or as classical as the pig on wheels unreliable POS known as the E-type Jag. Anyways, it was a rubbsih program and made a mockery of what is surely the greatest thing put on earth.

Vimal

9. istanl

istanl Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I love the thing too but driving one would be different. I'm sure we'd all love the speed and grip but if comparing with others for driving, you may have a different opinion.

I thought Ferrari themselves donated the Enzo to charity. Makes sense though, Ferrari aren't going to think of something that generous on their own.

10. gareth t

gareth t Karting

Nov 10, 2004
    south wales
    Full Name:
    gareth thwaite
    #10 gareth t, Nov 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Where is that ? Fl ?

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Think i'd be having that goegeous McLaren F1 out of the lot!

13. mozola

mozola Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    John
    Can you post pics of the other cars there?

14. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    When/Where was this!??!

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Looks to be in Tampa, FL a few weeks ago. In the Du Pont Registry booth afaik.

16. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    Who owns those??
    what a collection.
    That's my dream come true.

17. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    The 400 Enzo has this written under the trunk, hood or whatever you may call it.

" QUESTA ENZO UNICA NELA
    STORIA DELLA FERRARI QUALE
    SEGNO DELLA SOLIDARIETA
    PER CHI SOFFRE ISPIRATA DA UN
    GRANDE PAPA, GIOVANNI PAOLO"
    LUCA DI MONTEZEMOLO 2005

In english.

"This enzo is unique in the story of Ferrari as a symbol of solidarity inspired by great Pope, Giovanni Paolo "

It indeed was given as a gift to the Pope by ferrary, and he wanted to auction it for the victims of the Tsunami.

18. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah that's from the Tampa Autoshow a few weeks ago. There are a few collectors in the area who bring their cars out to the DuPont Registry booth... There's one guy who has pretty much every supercar ever made, so you're bound to see something good there every year.

-R

19. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    OMG!!! That McLaren F1 LM is the most boner-inspiring car of them all! However, wish it would have been in the original "historic orange" color. But nonetheless, it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

20. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    yellow 550 Barchetta!!

21. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    I saw that one too.

22. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    For the record, it's not a real LM - in fact I am slightly disappointed with the way they have worded their sign as it is somewhat misleading.

The car is chassis #073 - if it were a real LM the chassis number would be "LM#" with the # representing a production number from 1-5. It is an F1 road car that was refitted with an LM-spec engine for a special customer a few years after it was built. It's also been fitted with the High Downforce bodykit featuring the nosepiece and rear wing of the F1 GTR/LM. In this case additional louvers were also added to the front fenders similar to what was found on the longtail McLarens. It does have a fully fitted interior unlike what would be found on a real LM.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very special F1 in its own right, but it is not an LM.

This car's owner is Don Wallace of Tampa, FL. The CLK GTR and 911 GT1 belong to Gerd Petrik of Winterpark. It wouldn't surprise me if one of those two men were also the owner of the 400th Enzo as well as the MC-12 seen there.

>8^)
    ER

23. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    So then guys, out with it, what would you all take as you're car out of the four?

24. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    The Enzo I think.
    Or maybe the F1 I would need to take them for a ride, before any decision is made.