Ferrar Host marque at Classic Adelaide 2005 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Ferrar Host marque at Classic Adelaide 2005

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Doug WG, Jul 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Congrats goober, hopefully next year I will make it over. :)

Where did you finish overall in your category?

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Yeah, the website seems to have nothing on it.. or is it just me being blind...

3. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I can imagine that an F40's in-gear acceleration would be pretty awesome.

Oh, and can we quit talking about the F40... I'm starting to think dangerous thoughts regarding my future bank account!

4. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Congrats Goober! BTW, that actual 288 GTO is featured in a Ferrari book I have, 'Ferrari', by Brian Laban. Maybe that's why it sold for a premium... it's famous! :D

5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

and at the moment i have the spare wheel and associated tools in my bedroom and a wife has gone nuts at me, cos the last time i did a car thing i had a V8 motor sitting on the spare toilet doing an oil drain!!!

the owner has stayed on in Adel and i have been told to do the steam clean b4 it goes to NZ, so saturday morning i'm having a sausage sizzle.

i actually wanted to do this when i found out it will be living with me

[Image deleted by moderator]

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i'll bring the shaslicks

7. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    thats the competition category.

the morgue looks like this:

the adelaide european has got the cause of death listed like the morgue, a tag on the exhaust of:

1 x countach (fuel problem((cant stay in the tank)))
    1 x GT4 (no brakes and a new underpan required)
    1 x308 QV from malaysia (imput shaft snapped in two)
    1 x lusso (bent valves)
    1 x 250 GT (coils' gone and electrical malfunction)
    1 x246 (wont start ((dead)))
    1x Muira (alternator belt gone missing and alternator gone missing ((fell off)))
    1 x XJ 220 (hit a tree and now looks like a big M (from the top)

and the story of the weekend
    One interesting thing at maccesfield on sat there was a 550 parked in front of us, and they had a fuel prob, the tank is in the boot so to speak and it had a leak whereby they had to fill up the tank every 75km, and it takes 98 octane at 120 litres. And the killer is that they had a blanket in the boot soaking up the fuel and wringing out on the side of the street, after lunch as we took off I saw the boot with 2” of 98 octane swishing from pillar to post and the carpet was ………gone like those polystyrene cups it vanished. Nothing like a Ferrari with spare fuel.

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    hey Goober, you wouldn't happen to have a photo of that pranged XJ220?

Also, where were you sitting at Goucho's on Friday? I was there... but obviously missed you (again!).

9. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    not sparky the skidplate?

10. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    i was there near the front door, a very pissed aussie being propped up by a handy wife and two new zealanders who were very nearly going to take the TR 4 a drive.

BTW tell john the diff still rumbles in the M3

11. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Congratulations on finishing. Those Tarmac Rallies really suck you into them don't they? Now you're ready for the big league- TARGA TASMANIA :)

The casualty list reminds me just how hard Tarmac Rallies are on a car, especially an older classic. If you do Targa, don't take the TR. I made the mistake of taking a TR on the first one in 1992- SCARY!

12. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    haha....yeah...right...they were being polite! I'll ask when I see them.

13. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    thanks,
    the new zealanders want me to do targa NZ next oct b4 the classic adelaide, one problem is that i have to have full roll cage and i saw the pics of the 911 turbo (new zealand does not believe in armco)

but i would never use the TR (its too big for our tight roads to throw around) and to bend one means a big spend, much rather the R5T, the GT4 did really, on one stage we caught a wanker in a 355 spider, and he had all the michael scumacher gear from red marlboro suit to gloves and booties and after an afternoon stage we all go back to the city, this tool kept his helmet on all through town in peak hour traffic roof down and we were following thinking what the....

14. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I wouldn't dream about doing a Tarmac rally without a Roll cage. I have seen a few bad accidents at Targa close up (before mandatory cages) NOT PRETTY.
    I would do Targa Tasmania before the NZ one. The 2005 DVD has just been released. Worth a look if you want to see what a great event it is. FWIW- It's not an event for the budget minded.

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Did I understand the results correctly that the first Ferrari home was one of the British visitors ?

16. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The passenger of the F40 went as a passenger in the 288. He was impressed with a lots of things about it, but power wasn't one of them. (relatively speaking, of course!!!!)

17. Twiztid

Twiztid Karting

Nov 11, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    All in all it was a great event, but I have two questions regarding it.

1. I was camped out on the Gorge Road run, on some cliffs overlooking a corner for a prime photo spot. On the way back after all the cars passed through, something passed on a flatbed, and had a very smashed nose. Is this the XJ220 or was that pranged somewhere else? If it was somewhere else, what would this be? I tried to get my camera out in time but I was just too late.

2. At the finish as I was wondering between the cars and enjoying myself, I spotted the 288 GTO turn the corner, and drive down the road to the finish. Then it stopped at the first traffic light, and turned left...
    It didn't drive through to the finish, does anyone know why? I'm quite curious as to why, because I wouldn't see it as the normal thing to do at the finish of the event...

Apart from that, I had a stack of fun even though I wasn't participating, and I definately hope to be back next year.

18. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    so where are these prime photos? :)

19. Twiztid

Twiztid Karting

Nov 11, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    #195 Twiztid, Nov 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well unfortunately it turned out to be a bit less than prime spot, with a lot of bushes blocking the view and terrible lighting to get consistent shots. But it was about as far as we were willing to walk in the heat, especially since we had to spend 7 and a half hours stuck up there due to the road closure. (The words "GET OFF THE ROAD, IT'S STILL HOT" are still ringing in my ears after being assured that it was unsafe to cross an entirely empty road...)

I'm actually more pleased with my shots from the other days, but here's a small selection from that spot non-theless.
    I have tonnes of pictures, but I'm currently not offering them in high-res, and am going to sleep right now so I might re-size some more photos tomorrow. Enjoy these for now, and I'll let everyone know when I can "hand out" high res photos :).

P.S. of course if a car is a certain someone's, I will gladly give them all the pictures/videos from my camera as they come, feel free to PM me with your rego/entry details :).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. winding

winding Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    thanks 360C,
    any ideas when the 333SP was purchased / via whom ?

winding

21. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    thanks 360c,
    i have realized as pointed out by MHH one morning that we did not get into this hobby of cars to save money!!
    and i reckon because of our business in the automotive werld we can write it all off as a deduction!

22. Justin Case

Justin Case Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 25, 2005
    flat building NYC
    Full Name:
    Zacarias Moussaoui
    banned again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia