Floormats for 355 red/tan - what color to choose? | FerrariChat

Floormats for 355 red/tan - what color to choose?

Discussion in '348/355' started by GordonF355, Nov 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I am trying to order everyting for my new 97 355 spider red/tan. I would like to buy some nice floormats.

1.) What looks best with red / tan car? Tan mats with red cavallino?
    2.) I talked to Italian car parts.com and they said that the stock color Tan is even though it matches, is just too light and shows dirt too easy. They recommended the color "Palomino" with the red horse. What have you guys experienced?
    3.) Any other companies that sell nice quality floormats?

thanks
    gordon

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I'd go with the tan ones. Anything else would look a bit out of place. If you're worried about dirt you could a) buy two sets b) clean often.

-R

3. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    robin,
    I will definintely go with the tan ones for sure. There are several different shades available and I am trying to figure out if most people use the shade that matches the rest of the carpet exactly or if anyone has used a shade darker tan (palomino) to hide some of the dirt?

Also, if there are any other good companies out there that sell them mats let me know. thanks

gordon

4. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    I have black ones in my red car with tan interior and they have the Ferrari shield on them. With the amount of Black and Tan in the interior they look fine and don't show the dirt.

5. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I had Tan in mine Gordon - same color as the carpet.

Got mine from Italian Car Parts. They had the prancing horse logo on them.

You could go for Keith Collins mats - about 800 bucks. But the 100 dollar ones worked just fine for me ;)

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I had tan mats in my 348 Spider. However, I also had a second set of tan mats on top of the first, so the first set wouldn't get dirty. yes, I know I need help........

7. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    order my keith collins a month ago and just got them delivered and i must say "holy googly moogly".....yes, IMHO, they are worth the money...

8. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    I put darker tan with the ligthter tan interior in my 355 and I think it looks fine

9. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    How to contact italiac car parts for Tan mats with red cavallino?

10. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Hey Gordon, just to let ya know, I have light tan interior and carpet/floor mats in my Navigator,They are always filthy. I wash them all the time and thier just a pain in the @#$ to keep clean. My Porsche had the same and I ended up going to a darker mat. It was a lot less hassle to keep them looking good.

Darrell.

11. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    $800 for floormats? OMFG! Sad thing is I'd probably want them...

12. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    sinful? yes.
    worthy? yes.

13. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I am sure the $800 floormats are "woth it", but I think the $200 ones will do just fine for me... So it seems like the ones from Italiancarparts are the best/only choice if you don't want to do the Keith Collins mats. correct?
    I will probably get the mats that are a shade darker tan with red cavallino...

thanks
    gordon

14. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    $800 for floor mats???? My math (as bad as it is) tells me that I could buy 4 different sets of $200 mats for the same amount......one light tan, one dark tan, one black and one extra set in another color........there, now you don't have to choose which one color to buy. :)

15. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I like your way of thinking! Decision made! thanks
    gordon