Ben Millermon. Where are you? | FerrariChat

Ben Millermon. Where are you?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by rivee, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Lookin for the single dist. setup for a US 308 you have for sale. Where are you hiding? You can't hide forever. We'll find you.

2. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Rivee you might want to see what some have said about his recent sales transactions. I haven't purchased one so I can't comment but there are a few on FT that have said they sent him money and still have no product.
    I am not involved in this just mentioning it as I noticed the thread. Just thought I would share.

3. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Matt Morgan, "Kermit" Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    Unfortunately, my client payed in advance for a distributor,at Ben's insistance. He also asked for and was sent an MSD box, with the idea that he would wire it up. So far nothing, and his phones are shut off, so make your own conclusions, however, try to remember, every coin has two sides.

4. Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson Karting

Dec 8, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Robert Johnson
    If I had to do it over again, I would not have delt with Ben. Good luck Kermit.

5. rufus

rufus Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2003
    Toronto & St PetesFL
    Full Name:
    Pete Gorrell
    I may have been Ben's first customer for his dist.... it came promptly, I got the tach mod as soon as it was available... remember he's doing this not as a profitable business, but as a personal thing, to solve a problem he had, and to share it with others.

If you want his help, ask for it as you would wish folks would approach you.

I think he's done a lot of us a favour.

kermit is quite capable of making these things too, and he's in the business... ask him politely, if you want.

6. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    He didn't do me any favors. Taking others money with no correspondence is not a favor IMHO.

7. pogibm

pogibm Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Randy Madamba
    I'm Kermit's client who gave Ben $500 and a new MSD box that would use a
    custom wire harness he developed. Payment was sent last October and nothing to date.

8. Leif

Leif Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Leif Arne Olsen
    I have also sendt him 525 dollars for a distributor, without receiving anything.
    End up with buying new distributor cap for the 2 distribotors on my car.

9. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Rufus
    Does the tach signal splitter work well?

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I ordered one from Ben as well and it took him about 6 weeks (after promising me two), but I did get it and it worked well. Never installed the tach signal splitter B4 selling the car.

11. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Matt Morgan, "Kermit" Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    While I would always commend those many out there that work to give us other alternatives, I have yet to recieve the Distributor ordered last fall.
    There is still the matter of paying, and not recieveing the goods ordered.
    However , IMO adding a total lack of communication does not seem professional . Everyone gets behind sooner or later, that is just how life works. But to leave a customer without product or contact for months is not a way to create confidance. Insisting on payment by cashiers check or money order up front doesn't help.
    So, as result of the whole mess, I am in the final stages of bringing to market a new system. Rufus, you called that one right, LOL.
    The new unit will be digital, fit easily on the front, or rear bank if you prefer, and wil feature 30 different advance curves that are dialed in (digital). I'll have it on my site as soon as it has passed testing.

12. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida

Not trying make excuses or anything here so let me tell you the complete story. I married a women overseas, as the relationship went bad and I refused to continue her K1 visa she found out the only way to stay in the country would be to file false abuse charges against me. So she did so. With a court order of no contact I couldnt even goto my house. I ended up losing my house and everything I owned. If losing my house wasnt enough and owning nothing but some clothes and my daily driver car, I had to spend 25K in attorneys fee's to fight her while the state gave her free attorneys because they felt sorry for her. I was only allowed to goto the house with police escourt 1 time, when I went back she had thrown everything that was mine away including my documents for the distributors.

I know at the end there were a few people who did not get A distributor which Kermit was one of them. I am truly sorry for this. My intension was never to not send the product or not return anyones money. I appologize also for not coming here sooner to straighten things up, but due to all the debt and almost having to file banko over this I wanted to wait until I had the money to repay.

I will refund anyone who did not get a distributor. Again I really sorry about the way things happend to some of you at the end. Anyone who feels they can not forgive this, I will gladly pay back double the amount that was sent to me to make up for any problems

Ben Millermon

I can be reached at [email protected]

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Darn women, they mess up EVERYTHING!

Fantastic tale......

Russian, South American? Whassup?????

I'd like to hear a story like this, with a HAPPY ending.......

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    I am sorry to hear Ben had such a bad time, and heartened that he wants to make good.
    There are now SEVERAL single distributor options out there now. Here are the ones I know of.

Norwood ( www.norwoodperformance.com )- they have one where they convert your distributor and a second that is an adaptor plate adapts a Mallory distributor to the cam drive (this is what I have)

Superformance (www.superformance.co.uk) a particularly slick new electronic single distributor WITH DIGITALLY CONTROLLABLE ADVANCE that bolts right up. Looks good too. I would have done this one had it been available then.

Kermit (www.durable1.com) I know has done a couple of adaptions of General motors HEI distributors with adjustable advance, but would address questions to him as this is not a 'product' that I know.

Hope this helps; LOTS of threads on the subject.

rt

15. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    And of course another option is the completely electronic ignition (electromotive) with no distributors at all. (What I'm installing this winter.)

Birdman

16. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Yes, of course; the perfect set-up for all you ricer boyz....
    :) :)

17. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    No, the new ones aren't purple anymore, blessedly!

18. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman

WHOA!!!! Just checked it out. That thing is expensive. It's more expensive than a complete Electromotive system from Nick!! For a system still based on a distributor? NFW!

Birdman