what is a 96 355 spider worth? | FerrariChat

what is a 96 355 spider worth?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ross, Nov 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    red over black, standard, shields, less than 20k miles

what do you all think?

2. 512lover

512lover Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2005
    So. Cal
    I'd pay 80k-100k depending on condition w/PPI.

3. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Depends on the Following :

1 Condition - Exterior & Interior ( Dash Shrinkage,Bolsters etc.)
    2 Service Records a MUST ; i.e. 15K,30K, Oil Changes.
    3 Any Upgrades or 355 Glitches resolved ; Headers, Valve Guides,Tubi etc.

Ballpark : $75-80K contigent on a P.P.I. !

Let me Emphasize " P.P.I." = MANDATORY !!!
    Looks can be deceiving ! You will probably pay for 2-4 P.P.I.s (unless your Lucky), before finding the "Right" 355.

Good Luck to ya. There are no Dumb Questions. There are Numerous F-Chatters who are a LOT more knowledgeable than yours truly.Also search the archives for 355 advice.

4. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    So if the car was mint you would pay $100k for a 96 Spider? You can get mint 98-99's for that price. I agree with $80 maybe $85 max but no way $100k.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ross.

I've been thinking about these for a while, shopping them around a little. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.....

Algar has a '97 spider (red/beige) for $89K and a '99 (black/beige) for $107K.

http://www.algarmaserati.com/fer_showroom.php

Figure they charge 5-10% over what a private sale would bring, makes it a hair over $80K for the '97 and maybe a hair under $100K for the '99.

Which might still be a little high, but not too much.

DM

6. 512lover

512lover Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2005
    So. Cal
    ok not 100k but start at 80k. Was just trying to give a vague figure.

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    for the record 2 months ago I bought a 99 6 spd spider giallo modena 12000 miles in beautiful condition with upgraded brembos. They were asking $99k had all records but it hadnt had its major done so I got them down to $88k.

Ive been told it was a exceptional deal but feel free to use it as a starting point.

8. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin

$80k sounds reasonable for a real clean car, wasn't trying to be politically correct just trying to see if you were really willing to pay $100k for a 96 f355 spider. I'd say $80k sounds reasonable for a clean on e definantely.

9. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    I sold my '96 Spider for $70k ~ 3 months ago. 34k miles on it. Very clean no issues & full service/history from day 1. Including 30k engine out etc.

Agreed my sale was a special case ..leaving the country and was faced with either selling or storing. If I stored it (4 years) I'd have had to pay ~ $10k to get it serviced and back up running. My original price was $78k so I dropped it to $70K and invested the $. My investment is now up to $79k, so everybody is happy! The buyer got a good deal, and I ended up with a decent price.

I reckon a fair price is ~ 75 - 80k for a very clean effort with a couple of owners and fair mileage (~ 2500/year).

Regards,

Pete

10. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I would say it was a good deal and everythingn worked out nicely, as I am extremely happy with the car! Although I may sell her to get a CS I would offer it up for about 78.5K or so.

Pete I sent you an email and will be sending some pics this evening!

11. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Last spring I sold my 96 spider 22,000 miles and the 30K service had NOT been done (4-6K) and it was perfect. It was red /tan a much better resale color and I sold it for 73K and that was a fair price at the time. Prices have come down since then. That has to be a max. 70-75K car